Hello Guest

BUTT-STOMPER / REDEYE

• 11 Replies

Offline 2_Dogs_Ink

• Yea, whatever....... .
BUTT-STOMPER / REDEYE
« on: September 26, 2005, 07:43:41 PM »
 :)Butt-Stomper / Redeye will take place November 12th and 13th. 

We will be meeting at the Greenwater gas station between 6:30 and 7 am.  Top off the fuel tank and get some last minute snacks.  Leaving at 7:30 after a short drivers meeting.

We will try and cover as much trail as possible (depends on trail conditions).  Possible over night stay in the cabin at Tri-pod Flats.  If the cabin is occupied then it could be in tents/rigs.

We ask that everyone come prepared, that includes your rigs (locked front/rear, safety equip., shovel, recovery gear, winch, heater that works, food and water, etc....).

Wheel all day Saturday and part of Sunday (usaully we quit around 3 pm) depending on crowd and weather. 8)

If you are interested let me know.  We are offering a sweatshirt/t-shirt combo for $25.  We ask that you pre-order/pre-pay.  They will be handed out at the drivers meeting. ;D

Thanks

Offline 2_Dogs_Ink

• Yea, whatever....... .
Re: BUTT-STOMPER / REDEYE
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 05:27:30 PM »
 :DI will be at Powerfest 8), so if you have any questions you can ask me there.

Thanks
 ;D

Offline 2_Dogs_Ink

• Yea, whatever....... .
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 05:03:53 PM »
 :oWith the current and projected rainfall, this could be a really fun trip.  Possibility of snow at the upper elevations.  The trails are going to be really muddy and slick.  Rigs will definetly need a winch.

Talked to some folks at Powerfest about this event.  Hopefully they will be able to attend, it will be worth the drive. 8)

If there is a large turnout, we will break into a couple of groups.  This will prevent (hopefully) delays on the trail. :P

If you plan on attending, please call (253)250-8093 and let me know.  This will give me a better idea of who to expect, don't want to leave anyone behind. 

You do not need to purchase a sweatshirt/t-shirt to attend the event.

Offline mverley

• SPACE JUNK
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 04:43:11 PM »
I have a few questions about this trip...
I've never been wheeling in this area...what are the trails like?  Typical NW stuff with muddy/rocky/steep trails? 
Is there a good area for leaving a tow rig? 
Is there a website or good place for maps for this area? 
Does WA require some kind of OHV permit for wheeling there? 

I'm going to try to make it but depends on work/wife/kid  ;D
My rig is a fusion of Jazz and Funk; I call it JUNK

Offline 2_Dogs_Ink

• Yea, whatever....... .
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 08:02:31 AM »
The trails are typical PNW trails, tight, muddy, steep, snow, and rocks.  There is a little of everything.  With the weather conditions like they are, there has been snow.  This makes the trail very difficult, especially on the hills. :D

There are areas to leave a tow rig. Truck only or truck/trailer.  There are plenty of spots along the FS #70.  However,  there has been problems with people leaving their tow rigs there.  It is up to you. ???

We are meeting at the gas station in Greenwater.  They have trail maps there.  I think you can pick up a Northwest Forest Pass there, good idea to put it in your tow rig.  You can also check www.wazuks.com for more information on Butt-Stomper.

Is your rig fully equipped? Locked front/rear w/winch? Do you have a co-pilot?  There will be some road sections, so if your rig is not streetable we will do the best we can to try and tuck you in between some of the other rigs.   You are responsible for your rig/food/spare parts/co-pilot

Look forward to seeing you there! :)

Offline 2_Dogs_Ink

• Yea, whatever....... .
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 05:39:24 PM »
Sewerzuk, where are you coming from ???

Offline mverley

• SPACE JUNK
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 06:58:52 PM »
I'm coming from Seaside, OR. 
Might be able to make it...not sure yet though. 
My rig is fully equipped; locked f&r spare parts, tools and all.
Rig is streetable but slow...no way I'm driving it all the way up there  ;D

Offline zookaholic

• "asphalt was created so yuppies could go 4 wheelin
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 08:59:05 PM »
were is this located? im from portland and have never heard of this place! is it oregon or washington? ???
1987 Samurai, neon green, 1.3 stocker, 6.4:1 trail tough tranfercase, spoa, warn 8000, 34" swampers
1988 samurai (project, on blocks)

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2005, 06:49:34 AM »
Ya know 2-Dog-Ink and Sewerzuk... you guys have already met. Well, maybe not formally but you were both at the Powerfest and ran the same trail for at least part of the day! 2-dogs-ink was in the bright orange Samurai with that tag line on the windshield and Sewerzuk has the 88.5 gold Samurai with the 1.6 diesel in it.

Yous guys remember?

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline mverley

• SPACE JUNK
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2005, 06:05:57 PM »
 ;D
yea...
There were so many people there and I didn't know anybody...hard to remember names/faces.  But I remember the rig  ;D

Offline zookaholic

• "asphalt was created so yuppies could go 4 wheelin
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2005, 08:33:04 PM »
i have no idea were that is, and i am very familar with the tsf! ??? is it private land?
1987 Samurai, neon green, 1.3 stocker, 6.4:1 trail tough tranfercase, spoa, warn 8000, 34" swampers
1988 samurai (project, on blocks)

Offline 2_Dogs_Ink

• Yea, whatever....... .
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2005, 10:42:41 PM »
Can't say I recall the rig.  Probably will know it when I see it again.  There was a lot of rigs and not enough film in the camera!

Zookaholic,  this trail ride takes place in the Cascade Mtns. in Washington.  A very NICE place to go wheeling!