Hello Guest

GonZookin 2011 Event Recap...Thanks for a Great event!!

• 1 Replies

GonZookin 2011 Event Recap...Thanks for a Great event!!
« on: August 08, 2011, 06:16:37 AM »
Well here it is....another event for the history books....

I think i can take the liberty and say that everyone that attended had a great time! I will do my best here to give a good re-cap of events...

I personally arrived on Thursday afternoon, and after getting all the campground details squared away got a hand with setting up camp from 94zuk (Brian) and his nephew Brent as well as Salfous (Tom).

We then proceeded to watch as some of the gonzookin regulars and a few newbies roll into camp. Our only vendor in attendance managed to roll in before midnight for a change(actually was there before 7pm :o :o WTG Sean!) The rest of Thursday was pretty much the same...people slowly trickling in.

Friday we got up and moving and managed to get to Rausch Creek by 8:30am. Since only about 1/2 the crowd (or so we thought) usually shows up on Friday we made up some groups and hit the trails. We had a group running blues and blacks, we had a group running greens and blues...then we had Sean's group running the "i want to just break my stuff" trails.

I managed to loose a shock mount and had to remove a shock and put some nice gouges and new trail damage on my rig, Thorny lost a rear drive shaft and rolled very quickly down a hill and slammed into a tree, absolutely mangling his rear bumper and tail gate. Samtrack broke a joint off the end of one of his radflo coil overs, and i believe ikuzus managed to roll his rig on the same trail we lost a zuk on last year. mostly superficial sheet metal damage....no one was in the rig at the time (he will have to ad THAT story lol) so no one was hurt. Somehow Sean managed to snap both rear axles on the X-90.

but all in all it was a good day of wheeling. we headed back to camp for some food and camp fire. as was stated in the other threads we got thorny's drive shaft fixed. I didn't have a spare one to sell him so while samtrack and I were at my place welded up his air shock we repaired the busted drive shaft by cutting off the splayed yoke and sliding in a damaged slip yoke I had (splines were messed up from an untimely meeting with a lawnmower). back to the campground for a couple of beers and some sleep.

Saturday was an interesting day. We ran the TZC early in the morning. It was great to watch people navigate the course blind folded. (people thought i was joking when I posted that). I hope everyone had a good time with that. Those that didnt run it really missed out on something fun. I will post the details of that even later tonight.

After the TZC we hit the trails. after about an hour it started to rain.....and rain...and rain....and rain harder...  i managed to drop a driveshaft and had to lay in a river on the trail to remove it... samtrack decided to actually split one of his dana 60 knuckles in HALF.

Most of us called it an early day due to the rain. once back at camp we proceeded with the event registration and the dinner... good food and good people...it doesn't get much better.....

well...yes it does....after the dinner we rolled right on into the raffle where many prizes were given away from Warn,ARB, Aftermarket4x4, etc...(I will post a thread just for that later tonight with pics)

the Rest of the evening id POURED rain. we had one heavy thunderstorm roll in overnight that pretty much soaked everyone and put the kabash to any kind of camp fire. i think a group was huddled in a near by Yurt with my coleman lantern ...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yurt

sunday was a sad day as always. lots of soggy goodbyes, thank yous, and trash pickup.

I want to personally thank everyone for coming out. We had a smaller turn out this year then we have had for a long time but with a bunch of new faces. It was great seeing everyone old and new!. I had a great time and cant wait for next year!!!

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
Re: GonZookin 2011 Event Recap...Thanks for a Great event!!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 04:18:18 PM »
PICTURES!  :D
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing