Hello Guest

I Zook NY 2009 - August 8th & 9th. Limited space!

• 2 Replies

I Zook NY 2009 - August 8th & 9th. Limited space!
« on: July 31, 2009, 06:02:19 AM »

SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...

Who: Built-Zooks and RF Members
What: 2009 I Zook NY Invitationals
When: Aug. 8th & 9th, 2009
Where: ROK-PARK and FossilRok
Why: 'Cuz there is nothing like Zookin' with company

For some background, I helped start 2 Suzuki-specific events in the past. First was the Zookin' series hosted in West MA. This will be it's 9th year for that event. The second was 'Gon Zookin' based in PA (originally at PAP), which is now in its 8th year. I'm a proud N'Yorker and always wished to host an event in my home state, but never had the access to do so, so I organized stuff outside my state, until now.

I hooked up with a really great group of folks in a local crawl club,www.Rok-Freekz.com. This club is crawling first, second and third. They own a crawl park in the Mohawk Valley on the foothills of the Adirondacks.

This is a Zook event, and RF members are attending as well. We're trying to keep it around 20 Zook rigs or so. Asking all rigs for a $20 donation to RF (a not-for-profit club) to help support the park and all. If 20+ rigs donated $20 each, then I Zook NY will go down as paying the year's taxes, which in my mind is a good cause. In case you don't know, legal places to wheel in NY are hard to find.

This will be very crawl orientated outing with a limit of a minimum of 33" tires, locked, geared and no respect for your sheet metal, although spectators and pic takers are needed. If you don't own a Zook, bring your R/C as they are scaled the same.

Saturday will be at Rok Freekz' Rok Park with its many acres of "trails", designed and built by club crawlers. This place is Fun (with a capital F), and has moderate access roads, but the trails are hard-core.

Sunday will be at Fossil Rok Ranch, which is a "skate park" for crawlers located in the northern Catskills (google 12076), and is my private place. Think Paragon's M & Q trail rocks set on several acres.

Camping is in Stamford, NY (map 31705 State Route 23, Stamford, NY 12167), graciously provided by Yankee Bob. Its free, private, semi-primative camping (small RV okay, no hook-ups), complete with bon fire, 'sippi hole mud boggin', a 20' drive-in style movie of the days wheeling hi-lites, porta-john and, of course, a keg (at least that's the plan). Its located about 15 mins to Fossil Rok and just under an hour to ROK-PARK, and 5 mins to food, gas and motels.

I hope you can attend. If you're into this, post up who and how many. If you got other Zookers in mind, please invite them, but move quickly as there are only a few more openings. Hope this all works well. The MicroMachines take over New York!

Re: I Zook NY 2009 - August 8th & 9th. Limited space!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 05:43:00 AM »
Event went well.  Fun had by all, and battle scars are worn proudly.

looking forward to next year for the largest HARD-CORE Suzuki crawling event in the greater New England region!

p.s.  Yeah, Eric, I will produce a write-up.

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
Re: I Zook NY 2009 - August 8th & 9th. Limited space!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 08:34:37 AM »
Event went well.  Fun had by all, and battle scars are worn proudly.

looking forward to next year for the largest HARD-CORE Suzuki crawling event in the greater New England region!

p.s.  Yeah, Eric, I will produce a write-up.

Sweet! I can't wait and good luck! What you've got proposed looks pretty cool.

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!