• Pine Barrens Ride: March 27, 2010 - March 28, 2010

Spring New Jersey Pine Barrens Run March 27/28

• 43 Replies

Offline ecoast

• You tube my space, and I'll google your yahoo
    • East Coast Canvas
Re: Spring New Jersey Pine Barrens Run March 27/28
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 03:57:46 AM »
Want to come up for dinner? -- Oh...wear some old clothes!

PS w/coolermostly in; just need to make a bracket for the pump.
Re-timed belt; I was one tooth off. New radiator; first one from rockauto leaked...warranteed, no prob.
Pulled the front bumper, pushbar, axle,  and S/R yesterday; no turning back now...

I work better w/a deadline.

Sometimes.
                                                What the hell you lookin' down here for?

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 07:32:39 AM »
 ;) Ha!  Been there too! I take it this isn't the 4 door you picked up down south? I mean you could have slapped a little lift and some tires on that one and been good to go down here ( well, with a tow strap, some floatation gear, and a willingness to get out and push a lot!) Just kidding ya.  I'm working on some roof repair on my addition, and ceiling repair to the same ( had some water damage after all that wet snow.) Should be done with that by the end of the week. If you still need a hand I could come up early next week for a day of welding and wrench thrashin'.
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline Jerseyzuks

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2010, 07:33:51 AM »
Count me in, but the Zuk won't be ready by then (no garage + limited time = not getting done)

Geoff and I will be wheeling the family truckster (the Dakota)

ask me about GonZookin!

Offline bentparts

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2010, 07:38:36 AM »
Hey Jerseyzuks, were a "nondenomational" group. All faiths are welcome, even jeeps and dodges! Franklinville is only about a half hour or less from me, how come we've never hooked up before?

Offline Jerseyzuks

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 07:28:55 AM »
Hey Jerseyzuks, were a "nondenomational" group. All faiths are welcome, even jeeps and dodges! Franklinville is only about a half hour or less from me, how come we've never hooked up before?

I'm not sure.  Have you ever been to GonZookin or Zuwharrie?  How about the Pine Barron's clean up run?

Where about's are you located?
ask me about GonZookin!

Offline bentparts

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2010, 02:52:12 PM »
I was at the last gonzukin in Rousch Creek, and last years PineBarrens Clean Up Run. I live in Runnemeade on Evesham Rd. I'm kinda hard to miss with the bright Red / polished aluminum trimmed Tracker. Pretty sure it's the only turbocharged one around too.

Offline ecoast

• You tube my space, and I'll google your yahoo
    • East Coast Canvas
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2010, 06:32:29 AM »
Spoke to bentparts this morn; Sunday the 28th is the day....
                                                What the hell you lookin' down here for?

Offline bentparts

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2010, 07:30:08 AM »
That's right folks! Sunday, 28th of March, looks like we'll be meeting up at Atsion Ranger Station, Rt. 206 S and Atsion Rd/Quakerbridge Rd. around 10:00am. Be there!

Offline Jerseyzuks

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2010, 08:29:37 AM »
I was at the last gonzukin in Rousch Creek, and last years PineBarrens Clean Up Run. I live in Runnemeade on Evesham Rd. I'm kinda hard to miss with the bright Red / polished aluminum trimmed Tracker. Pretty sure it's the only turbocharged one around too.

I'm one of the organizers of GonZookin... I'm the guy that calls the raffle on Sat night.   I missed the PineBarrens clean up last year.

Depending on the weather, we will probably be doing some wheeling on Sat, camping Sat night, then meeting up with everyone else on Sunday.  If anyone wants to meet up with us for a run on Sat, or wants to camp with us on Sat night, email me at

d a n i e l c h e s l a AT c o m c a s t DOT n e t (remove spaces, standard email format xxxxx|removethispart|@comcast.net)
ask me about GonZookin!

Offline bentparts

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2010, 04:41:47 AM »
PUT IT ON YOUR CALENDER! MARCH 28TH LOST IN THE PINEY'S II. PRAY FOR GOOD WEATHER!

Offline Lindenmooch

• Just another paranoid android.
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2010, 11:06:01 PM »
DAMN!   wish I could go!   I had a blasty blast on round one of the pineys!  Don't worry....I WILL be making it back there eventually to test out my F-150.  And Mike, I still have your coil springs too.  I'll bring them with me whenever I make it down there to blast through the pines.  Hope you guys have a good time on the 28th!  Wear your seat belts.....and be careful on the hill climbs!!  Mike will know what I mean.....    >:D

Offline bentparts

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2010, 04:50:54 AM »
Been raining again, so the trails WILL BE muddy, and some deep water crossings to be expected. Got a call from a friend on mine who's a volunteer fire fighter for the forest service yesterday. Seem there have been some incidents of " booby traps " being found in some of the mud holes and low areas in the trails where water collects. The traps are pretty elaborate, consisting of a welded together framework with tire ripping spikes layed out on rows. They lie just below the water level, and due to the muddy nature of the water cannot be seen easily. It's believed ( by the Forest Service ) that they're the work of a radical tree hugger group who want to keep vehicles out of the trails. What's weird is they are mostly found on the MAIN through roads in the forest, where most of the tourest traffic is. We will be on those roads for only a short time getting to the real trails, but have to keep alert. 
The forcast for Sunday is cloudy with showers, so be prepared for wet weather. we may need to get out and pull " booby traps" out of the water holes. Hope to see you all there!

Offline skitime

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2010, 06:38:21 PM »
I just saw this.  It a little late to get going.  Would there be room for a motorhome if it is on Saturday.  Opps looks like it is on Sunday.  Not sure that would work.  Darn 

Still kicking it around.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 07:02:35 PM by skitime »

Offline bentparts

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2010, 04:59:10 AM »
Plenty  of room for your motorhome  skitime if you decide to come. If you wanted to come Sat. evening, you could park at the Ranger Station and stay there, There's a large ( 4/5 acre parking area on grass for all the horse and motorbike trailers that come on the nicer weekends) but there's no hookups. You could also park it at my place, I have a pretty large driveway, and I can hook you up with electric.

Offline bentparts

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2010, 05:00:39 AM »
Just wanting to see who's still interested in coming for Sundays run. Check in?