Hello Guest

Trans-America Trail in a Sidekick

• 18 Replies

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
Re: Trans-America Trail in a Sidekick
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2017, 06:25:35 AM »
Cool pics man... where is the picture taken with the Mountain in the back ground and a switch back in the fore? I think I must go there!

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2017, 11:37:57 AM »
I will have to compare the times between the pic and the GPS log. It was somewhere in Utah, getting close to Colorado. It took a few tries to get a decent pic from the window.

If you closely at one of the pics, you can see a crushed Suburban or something else from the '60s that went off the side if the road. 

I had to take a lot of pictures from the vehicle, or I couldn't have made much progress. The location tag wasn't working on my phone either.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 12:03:26 PM by Ridjobradi »

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2017, 01:00:07 PM »
This was my first time to travel through Colorado.  Previously, I had only been to Denver for work or to catch a connecting flight.

Colorado was amazing, especially for a guy that grew up in the flat lands along the Texas coast.

I pushed through western Colorado and camped near Telluride.  The next few pics are from over Telluride on my way to Imogene Pass and the start of the trip down.  There was snow, over my head, on 23 July.  I had to turn back and find a new trail around some snow that I couldn't get over.

Imogene Pass is 13,114 feet. The view over Telluride is nice, but there are better views to come.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 05:54:57 AM by Ridjobradi »

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2017, 04:36:14 PM »
Very nice!

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!