Hello Guest

Zuwharrie

• 22 Replies

Offline LawDog

• Lakeview Motor Sports' Makin it Hert! Tell u whut!
    • Emerling Chevrolet
Zuwharrie
« on: March 22, 2005, 09:26:53 AM »
Since the Adventure forum seems a bit neglected lately, i figured I'd displace this topic for more attention here.  Sorry Eric.

I Quote myself:
-Anyways, I don't see alot of the familiar Zukiworld Screen names on the Zuwharrie list.  Everyone draggin their feet, or can't make it??  Wassup??
"I'm the Law 'round here" said the Duckshirt.

Get a Zuk, Get it dirty, Git-R-Done!!

At Lakeview Motor Sports we specialize in rediculousness, hackdome, and wasting your time.

Offline nc_zuk

• Back in North Carolina
    • www.samurai4x.com
Re: Zuwharrie
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 10:43:51 AM »
 ;D Man, both Zukiworld and Zuwharrie are great boards. Eric runs a classy site here and does a lot for the Zuki community. I'm glad people have places that they can feel comfortable and talk ZUK!!! ;D
www.Zuwharrie.com[/url]

Where the road ends........... Zuwharrie begins !!!

Offline LawDog

• Emerling Chevrolet
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 12:42:52 AM »
Hmmmmm?

At Lakeview Motor Sports we specialize in rediculousness, hackdome, and wasting your time.

Offline ed oorklep

• 1992 Suzuki Vitara
    • Suzuki Vitara 4x4
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 03:23:00 AM »
;D Man, both Zukiworld and Zuwharrie are great boards. Eric runs a classy site here and does a lot for the Zuki community. I'm glad people have places that they can feel comfortable and talk ZUK!!! ;D

Excaclty  ;) I'm on both of them.  ;)
http://www.suzukivitara4x4.nl
1992 Suzuki Vitara
8cm Body-lift, 33 12.5 R15 General Grabber MT's.
ARB Bull Bar.
3" Suspension lift.

Offline nitromax

• FunZilla's alive !
    • NitroMax's Pages
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 07:10:55 AM »

Excaclty  ;) I'm on both of them.  ;)

And the other Dutchie too ;)

Should't be a problem, I'm on several other 4x4 and motorcycle Fora too.
1600 cc 8v, MegaSquirt EFI, Camden SuperCharger, Calmini 3" Shackle Reversal, IronMan 3"suspension lift, SPOA and 2"bodylift, 4.16 T-case, QuickLok rear, 33x12.5 ProComp XT's on 8"rims with 1"wheelspacers.

Check it all on : www.nitromax.nl
International editor |removethispart|@ www.izook.com

Offline W7ACT

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 04:04:28 AM »
I kind of hang arround in the background being quiet and observing.   There's a lot of good info here as well as some of the usual BS from of the uninformed who try spread their line of BS trying to impress everyone showing their true metal of being the class idiot.

Offline LawDog

• Emerling Chevrolet
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 05:17:15 AM »
I kind of hang arround in the background being quiet and observing.   There's a lot of good info here as well as some of the usual BS from of the uninformed who try spread their line of BS trying to impress everyone showing their true metal of being the class idiot.

Huh?

Offline W7ACT

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 01:24:33 PM »
LawDawg

I wasn't refering to anyone in particular.   I was just refering to some info put out by some so called experts on how to tow a vehicle, who haven't got a clue.  Like the one who made the statement he towed his Sami down the Interstate on the ground at 70 - 80 MPH behind his Caddy a while back.  All I have to say is thank god I live on the opposite coast,  or the ones who are still wet behind the ears, who know everything about everything and who will give you advice on any or all subjects, yet if you handed them a wrench and asked them to perform the task they gave you advice on they wouldn't know how to perform the task or much less even know how to use the tool.

Offline ed oorklep

• 1992 Suzuki Vitara
    • Suzuki Vitara 4x4
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 11:47:59 PM »
LawDawg

I wasn't refering to anyone in particular.   I was just refering to some info put out by some so called experts on how to tow a vehicle, who haven't got a clue.  Like the one who made the statement he towed his Sami down the Interstate on the ground at 70 - 80 MPH behind his Caddy a while back.  All I have to say is thank god I live on the opposite coast,  or the ones who are still wet behind the ears, who know everything about everything and who will give you advice on any or all subjects, yet if you handed them a wrench and asked them to perform the task they gave you advice on they wouldn't know how to perform the task or much less even know how to use the tool.

Hey, I might be one of them  ;D but I appriciate every answer to my questions. And if I think I have an answer to a Question of anyone else I'll say that. But if I'm proven wrong I have learned something again  ;) that's what we are here for not?
http://www.suzukivitara4x4.nl
1992 Suzuki Vitara
8cm Body-lift, 33 12.5 R15 General Grabber MT's.
ARB Bull Bar.
3" Suspension lift.

Offline zuksofhazzard

• them darn Zuk boys
    • MOAB PICS
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2005, 10:11:10 AM »
LawDawg

Hey guy, I hope I didn't offend you by telling these guys I tow my zuk with a Cadillac. That is honestly what I do on a regular basis. I had answered someones post about a tow rig and this is what I use. I was just telling them that the car has a ton of power, and when I am not towing it gets great mileage.

I usually don't reply unless I personally know what I am talking about.

If you have any questions about me or my hobbies, please ask. I will be glad to answer them.

Offline bhaugen

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2005, 10:42:03 AM »
LawDawg

I have done that too, before I got my trailer.  Not behind a caddy, but behind my pickup.  Flat towing it.  I see old farts pulling Jeeps, cars, and even a few suburbans/Tahoes behind campers going down the interstate at 70 mph.

Offline nc_zuk

• Back in North Carolina
    • www.samurai4x.com
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2005, 10:41:55 PM »
the proof is in th pudding ;D

www.Zuwharrie.com[/url]

Where the road ends........... Zuwharrie begins !!!

Offline LawDog

• Emerling Chevrolet
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2005, 01:19:18 AM »
Where did all this come from.  W7, I sense an overly high level of animosity, directed nowhere.  That's hardly ever seen on this forum(with the exception of an isolated TITAN, or a rather large tiff between Samurai_Hampster and myself a while back).  This just isn't the place for it.  Even if there is poor advice given somewhere on this forum, there are way more people who know what they are talking about to negate that.  Please try to be a bit more civil towards the "community" if possible.  We all get along real well here, because we, for the most part, are polite and respectful of one another.  Which is why I started this thread, to encourage everyone to come out and get together at Zuwharrie.  I'll do it again for Paragon, Zukimelt, etc because I think it's great that a bunch of folks with a common interest can get together a couple times a year and have fun.  I understand that every so often one needs to vent about something and that's cool.  But don't post that in an unrelated topic, my thread >:(, about how I hope more people that I converse back and forth with on the site will come out and wheel next week at Zuwharrie.  You must have some interest yourself if you opened the topic in the first place ;).  Start your own thread if you feel like griping.  So, just go ahead and vent for a bit...for now, just try to keep it more positive in the future, OK man :D

P.S.: Flat towing at highway speeds is perfectly safe, if undertaken properly.  And a large caddy IS capable of towing a Sammi. ;D
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 02:08:58 AM by lawdog »

Offline zuksofhazzard

• them darn Zuk boys
    • MOAB PICS
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2005, 03:12:55 AM »
Thanks FRIENDS.

Offline locjaw

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2005, 06:36:26 AM »
hey now. cant we all just get along, or drunk?

jason
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 06:36:43 AM by locjaw »
1995 Sidekick SAS'd "Trail Slayer"
1993 4 door lifted "Road Warrior"
1995 4 door stocker "CreamPuff"