Hello Guest

Project White Rabbit

• 52 Replies

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
Re: Project White Rabbit
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2012, 05:27:54 PM »
so you didnt have to extend the rear. did you just cut the fenders for the back to. i want to do this to my 4 door and you cant cut the back fenders because of the rear door. oh did you have to cut the top of the fender at all in the front thanks.

No trimming on the rear, just pulled off the plastic and pounded the lip in.  But on a 4-door I would go with the back half of kreator's kit where it slides the axle back an inch to center the rear tires.  I would have just bought his setup for the rear but I have already build bump stop spacers and didn't want to re-do them.

For the front we didn't have to do anything to the top, but we did bend in the fenders on the front and rear of the wheel well.
http://www.zukiworld.com/forum/build-diaries-how-to-diy/how-to-enlarge-tracker-wheel-openings/
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline Cheeto

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2012, 09:06:18 PM »

For mounting I added a piece angle iron that is mounted to the body underneath the deck to add strength.  That is what the rear three mounts bolt through, the front I just used large flat washers.  Then some old bushings from front sway bars as spacers so I can make it taller if needed at some point in the future.

Can you get some inside pics of the mounts? I'd like to compare to how I did mine.
Thanks.

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2012, 12:16:05 AM »

Can you get some inside pics of the mounts? I'd like to compare to how I did mine.
Thanks.

I will see what I can do this weekend.
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline Cheeto

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2012, 10:35:29 PM »
Was that this weekend or next weekend?  ;)

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2012, 11:12:24 PM »
I forgot this last weekend, so this weekend.  :)
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2012, 04:11:34 PM »
Picture of the additional mounting setup for the half-cab on the back to make sure I have the strength for holding up the rack:

And a description of how I made sure the angle would stay up and not be able to slide down into the cab:

If you where building your own top you could build mount that would bolt sideways through the body but I needed something I could install without taking the existing top apart.
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline Derek

« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2012, 07:33:56 PM »
Is that a two by four? I guess I didn't look that close when I was out. Thanks for the help on the trailer I hope to get it going.

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2012, 10:58:37 PM »
2X2
I just looked at it this morning.
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.