Hello Guest

Aftermarket cruise control??

• 2 Replies

jookycola

Aftermarket cruise control??
« on: March 09, 2004, 03:57:14 AM »
well i got a hook up on an Audiovox cruise control brand new in the box for $60 bucks.  the reference book says it will hook up perfectly to the Geo or Suzuki wiring.  my question is....has anyone installed a Cuise in their track/kick, and was it as easy as it looks in the instal manual or was their some difficulty?
it says that some of the factory cruise controls wiring is already pre-exsisting....is it true that track/kicks are pre-wired for cruise control?

i have a 1995 Tracker 4x4 LSi 16v and my suzuki dealer said that all 16v suzuki trucks are set up to have cruise dealer installed.

if that's the case this will be a peice of cake.

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
Re: Aftermarket cruise control??
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 03:59:20 AM »
My 98 X-90 is per-wired for cruise, but I have not pulled the cruise off of my parts ride and installed it yet :P I did look at it and it seemed straight forward.
Zig
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline Bobzooki

• Web Wheeler
Re: Aftermarket cruise control??
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 05:56:31 AM »
My 95 4-door has factory cruise - yup, the vehicle harness is pre-wired for the cruise components.  But that doesn't mean those wires will just plug in to your aftermarket unit.

My 95 2-door (my trail rig) has an aftermarket unit added on (extra stalk on the steering column, etc.)  It's just a matter of time 'til I rip it out.  It never worked right, even when the rig was still bone stock.

Bob

Tahoe 24' Fish-N-Fun Tritoon
115 HP Mercury outboard