Hello Guest

imlay city bog....

• 18 Replies

Offline geeeeoooo

• mmmdrop
    • my myspace page
imlay city bog....
« on: October 06, 2007, 10:21:28 PM »
went out there to vinces mud pit, and the first vehicle i see is a bone stock tracker with some 235's on it tearing it up, mud splasing all over....i drive a bit more, and notice a newer bodystyle tracker with a missing front tire, so i drove over to see what was up....it broke the balljoint, he said he had it for about a month and bought a set of jeff's 1 1/2" spacers for it, and was a member to zukiworld....i was blown away....but anyways, he jumped a huge hole and got about 3 feet of air and landed real hard, i wish i wouldve snapped a couple pics....there was a flatbed towtruck in the middle of a mudbog to tow him away.....sorry bout your luck man!
my truck rails harder than your girl

Offline olija

• Check out my cardomain
Re: imlay city bog....
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 11:25:01 PM »
Ok, I really should stop jumping my Sidekick...but it's just so much fun!
97 Sidekick 4door 5 speed, 1.5 spacer lift, 2" body lift, CJ rims, locked rear, 31's, 4:1 low <SOLD>
01 Vitara 2.0L 5 speed, 2.5" Calmini lift, 2" body lift, Sidekick rims, locked rear, 31's, 4:1 low, 5.13 diffs <SOLD>
03 XL7 2.7 5 speed, 4.5" AE lift with OME springs, 2" AE body lift, 5.13 diffs, 3:1 low, 235/80R17 BFG AT's on Ultra 17x8 with 1" spacers, skid plates, Balmer Fab front bumper

Offline geeeeoooo

• mmmdrop
    • my myspace page
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 11:43:46 AM »
i just wish i wouldve got there in time to see the airborne zuke!

wezeles

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 07:21:59 AM »
lol ive got the aftermath pics.... 156 for a tow from imaly city to port huron... not bad but still hurt the wallet...

im not sure exactly if it was the ball joint or not... these newer gen trackers and vitara's 99-05 use a solid one piece controll arm and ball joint... cant just replace the ball joint you need a whole new controll arm... 55 bucks on ebay... about 275 brand new through suzuki...468 chevy dealer
the only other damage was the inner and outter tierod.. 106 bucks at napa... suprising the cv is still all intact and fine... might need a new brake line but thats not much...

oh and my boondox 2 inch strut spacer was cracked all the way down the side... the strut itself threads are fine and so are the threads on the spacer just a nice long crack on it that let it fall down... im thinking this is what caused the damage... not the bearing the strut fell out and i just drove over my own tire....
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 07:28:15 AM by wezeles »

wezeles

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 07:27:02 AM »
so i sent a message to boondox asking if he would replace the spacer... the rest i guess ill eat all though not that much i was suprised... does kinda suck his spacer failed its my favorite design.. and the only premade 2 inch one out there...

i did jeffs 1.5's up front and left the rubber stocker so an extra.25
and his 2.0 in the rear with the stocker for an extra.25 then just strut and shock extenders and camber bolts... cheep lift but it works...

i do ride it hard once ina  while but at the time it broke i wasnt too bad... i jumped it a couple days before at our little atv/truck park down the road mostly dirt bikes and 4 wheelers but my tracker fits down the trails great, just not the jumps...but this time it was just heavy mud and a good amount of bouncing that did it, right before me in the pic you can see a pit behind me... i was just hitting the edge of it while waiting for some people to get outta "my pit" and i nailed it hard on that side poping it up a couple feet in the air, kept driving then everyone screamed at me.. lol thats when i saw it.. dont really care its all part of playing just wish i would have had more time to play.. should be back on the road in 2 or 3 days when parts show up..

im just glad it didnt break while hitting a racoon or something on the road doing 70...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 07:42:03 AM by wezeles »

wezeles

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 08:00:40 AM »
i just got of the phone with steve from boondox and he's gonna send me out a new one once he gets back into town... im thinking this is a fluke by the sound of his voice this has never happened before... so dont freak out if your running his extenders i think this is just a one time thing... i still stand behind his products they seem to be some of the best kits for the money on the market...

Offline geeeeoooo

• mmmdrop
    • my myspace page
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 08:08:51 AM »
thats aweasome man....im stoked to see the pics, you can see the ass end of my tracker in the 1st pic!....but your from port huron??? not too far away....any good trails or anything out that way?? there is all kinds of state land around here, just need an orv sticker...16.25....but im glad to hear that your cv is ok, i figured it was toast....do u know if theres anymore bogs this year??

wezeles

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 08:19:50 AM »
yep on the 20th at rizzos check out the website  www.gotmud4x4.com
its out near croswell area.. awsome place way more fun for smaller rigs like ours hes got some nice wooded trails and the pits arnt solid "clay" like at vinces bog... its just sand and mud easy to get through easy to get cleaned..lol last one i went too i was going nuts you would see me vanish in a mud pit and come back out covered in mud the other side... everyone was amazed with what i got through being stock with just the 235 mt's when i went the first time... 
  there are a few trails near me like i said perfect for playing on... atv size alot of over head stuff no larger trucks could get through it.. its private land thats for sale but its been played on for years sand,mud,swamp, rocks everything is out on this one 8 acre spot whish they wernt asking so much for it i would turn it into a small offroad park.. but i still use it as one..lol
  do you know anyone else in the area that wheels there trackkick? honestly that was the first time i saw some... you and that blue stocker... there is usually a couple of sammys out playing but thats it... we could make some kinda get together to go wheelin sometime... im buying the wife a 4 door 99-05 style here soon not sure if she would be willing to wheel it though...

Offline geeeeoooo

• mmmdrop
    • my myspace page
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 09:17:17 AM »
i actually forgot my password on the gotmud4x4 website....im still waiting to get it e-mailed to me.....ill definatly be out there at rizzos, thou....u goin?? and i dont know anyone else with a trackick either.....was amazed by u 2 guys....wish there were more guys with these around here....if u know of anyone interisted in one, i know where there is a cheep one....500 bucks....just down the road from my house...

wezeles

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 09:33:17 AM »
i will be at rizzos bog on the 20th not sure if im gonna go mudding too much...lol wife was kinda pissed i broke the new car but its cheep to fix so i dont care... im selling my trans am right now and hopefully with that extra money i can get another trackkick or sammy to have as just a toy and beater to keep the miles down on my newer one...

i found one 98 tracker but its in bad shape so if you know of another grab me some pics or something ive got a good hookup on some toy axles too and really dont want to go all out on the newer one yet... wouldnt mind tearing into a first gen though

Nine Pine

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 06:58:42 PM »
Geeeeoooo,

What year is the cheap Tracker you found for $500? I am not too far from you, Omer. Just on the north side of Saginaw Bay.

Sincerely,
Nine Pine

wezeles

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 07:24:56 PM »
there is one by me too its a 98 2 door black soft top 4x4... but a little rusty near the rear quaters, the transmission and 4x4 seemed to work great and it had a newer  60 k miles 1.6 dropped in it but the lady said the timing was still off on it was driveable just felt under powered, although im just use to my 99 so not sure how the older ones drive... im sure you could pick it up for 500 bucks its in goodells michigan... i was thinking about it for just a beater to lift and toss some mud tires on it maybe jump it till it dies... lol but not sure i wanna mess with it yet...

Offline geeeeoooo

• mmmdrop
    • my myspace page
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 08:39:40 PM »
it was a 93...but if i were you id be all over the one wezeles is talking about like stink on a fat kid!

Offline lil_Truck

• Eric Gardner
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 10:34:54 AM »
I live in Goodrich.  It's 6 miles south of 69 on M15.  Not too far from you guys.
e-mail: liltruck|removethispart|@comcast.net
96 Tracker
6" Calimini Lift with custom Frame
32 MTR's Warn 8000i
Front/Rear ARB's Many New Mods soon.

wezeles

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 10:43:53 AM »
i think we found our own little zuk club now...lol we should all run up to silver lake or something sometime...