Hello Guest

91 Barnfind

• 5 Replies

Offline 91 Barnfind

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
91 Barnfind
« on: November 02, 2022, 10:10:37 PM »
3rd times the charm.

Recently purchased a 91 Sami with more spare parts than I have inventoried. Couple of 1.6L motors, 2 transmission’s, hood, grill, bumpers, fenders, dash, complete exhaust including a header, …

Tried 2 other times to post here but… something went wrong… and after typing, adding pictures, and it doesn’t load???

I want to use this as a sounding board, seek advice, share some thoughts, show you what I’ve done so far.

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.

Teach a man to fish, feed him for life.

Offline Dughrt

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Re: 91 Barnfind
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 06:01:09 AM »
Thanks for sharing. The forum here is a little slow on responses but the answers are solid. Enjoy your samurai.

Offline 91 Barnfind

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 04:06:26 PM »
I think I figured out why I was having issues with posting.  My pictures I was trying to attach were too large.

Been busy over the last couple of months.

I will upload my progress in installments since I don't want to have issues with file sizes.

First things first was to get it running.  Needed an alternator belt, and some fresh fuel.  Flashed right up and purrs like a kitten.

Sprayed it down with some degreaser, and then pressure washed.

Got it backed into the shop and up on blocks for the front end rebuild.  Picked up a Karson knuckle kit from Boss 4x4 that came with kingpin and wheel bearings.

Pulled the front end apart and found a Mocha Milkshake in both Knuckles.  Got it all cleaned up for the reassembly. Then got it all back together.

Thats all for now.

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 02:00:43 PM »
Looks good. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see more... - Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline 91 Barnfind

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2022, 01:17:40 PM »
It came with spare bumpers.  Cleaned them up and sprayed them with rockerguard, and Tremclad gloss black.

Also came with the factory option bush bar.  Completely disassembled and cleaned it up.  Pre painted any areas where it bolted back together before hitting it with the rockerguard and gloss black.

I think it turned out pretty good.

Offline 91 Barnfind

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2022, 02:25:58 PM »
I asked this question over on another Suzuki forum and was cautioned to maybe choose one or the other due to leaf spring wrap.

Never really did get an answer to my question though.

With a 4” leaf and 5” SPOA for an overall of 9” lift what size driveshaft spacers should I be running?

It came with a set of BDS 4” leafs that I’m in the process of installing, and already had the SPOA with 3/4” spacers.

Second question, will a drop pitman help to eliminate bump steer?