Hello Guest

whats your favorite trail and why

• 4 Replies

Offline v-stone

whats your favorite trail and why
« on: April 26, 2009, 10:50:12 PM »
Lets hear it. Whats your favorite trail and why? please post pics.

(trails in Moab and other big destinations especially)
SAS Tracker! No looking back now.

Offline blacktrack99

Re: whats your favorite trail and why
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 05:08:54 PM »
Lippencott Road in Death Valley.  Great scenery getting in and out from either direction (the Racetrack with the "moving rocks", Saline Valley, Joshua tree forests, old mine etc).  It's not on most maps of the National Park, but there is a pretty stern warning sign at the trail entrance.  Not TOO hard, definitely not easy, but I wouldn't want to drive it in anything much longer or wider than my Tracker.  Make sure to top off the tank or carry extra w/ you, because it's a long way in and out.  Wife forgot camera last time we went (okay, I'll assume some blame, too).

#2 would probably be the Mojave Road running parallel and south of I-40 from Laughlin, NV to Afton Road in CA (depending how you drive it) cutting through the Mojave National Preserve.  It's not really that difficult in most spots, but it's a piece of living history that started off as an Indian trade route hundreds of years ago, and it still follows essentially the same that it always has.  If you go be sure to sign the guest book in the "mailbox" (just trust me, you'll know it when you see it).

Offline losidriver2003

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 06:13:40 PM »
i've done the mojave trail 2 or 3 times best to go with someone whose done it a few times.lots of neat things to see but you need to know where they are or you'll miss them.takes us almost 2 days.and yes i signed in left something in the mail box and kissed the frog.                                                                                                                                          i would like to do the death valley trip but everything i read sounds like i would need lockers. do i ?     
01 xl7 calmini susp rro body lift 225 75 16 tires

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 05:33:43 AM »
The trail out of Canyonlands National Park. It leaves the park eventually, and travels through many miles of BLM land, where there are ancient ruins, cliff dwellings and rock art, and incredable other worldl like scenery. Ive done it on my dirt bike several times, and in a rented jeep once. It's at least a 2 day trip, maybe 3, one way. It's filled with rock ledges, boulders, sand, off camber climbs and descents, awe inspiring vistas, and enough challenges to keep any driver on their toes.  It's like being on Mars I imagine, but with air.
2nd would have to be New Jersey's Pinelands National Reserve. 1,000,000 acres of Beautiful scenery, many, many miles of trails, enough mud to swallow a tank if that's what your into, lot's of historic sites,  it's close and what I got here. OH, and it's FREE.
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 10:39:32 AM »
My property.  'Cuz its hard-core and, most importantly, it's all MINE!