Hello Guest

suzuki samurai vs suzuki samurai special editon

• 10 Replies

suzuki samurai vs suzuki samurai special editon
« on: August 31, 2009, 04:57:54 PM »
Hi I am new to zukiworld and i was just wondering what is the difference between the samurai and samurai special edition. Any info would help thanks.

Offline essjay

Re: suzuki samurai vs suzuki samurai special editon
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 06:58:11 PM »
I think, now i am still a newbie to the sammy world, there is a clock in the dash, and the parcel tray, and the seats are nicer. not sure what else. maybe power windows.

now enter the people who really know wtf they are talking about...lol

Offline jzap

• How difficult can it be?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 07:38:12 PM »
The Special Edition Samurai that I had was painted charcoal gray metallic with red and silver stripes and markings.  The red, silver and charcoal motif carried over to the seats.  The back seats were individual buckets, rather than the more common bench.  Other than the decor, I really didn't see much difference.
Jim Z.
96 Tracker
66 Apache camper

Offline idaholwb

• And that's the way the metal crumpled!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 10:32:45 PM »
Ya know... I don't think I've ever seen a Special Edition with the split rear seats in it... I didn't think that Suzuki offered them till like 90 or 91... My best friends dad when I was in high school was a rebuilder of them around the late 80's to mid-90's... He was who I got being a Suzuki nut from... He owned an LJ10 Brute when it was new... And was hooked since. The entire immediate family had a small fleet of mostly Samurais. They were all hooked on Zuki!
97 Sport
265/70-16s
2" lift
2.0 swap
I know...Pretty boring... FOR NOW...

Offline zukimoo

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 04:52:27 PM »
might be wrong but the ones I've seen had the split rear seat, front seat had nice covers on them, there is normally a nice strip on the side of the zuke, clock in the dash and some plastic parts that cover the metal part on top of the door panel. There are a few more things but can't recall.

I had one but some of the special parts had been taken off....but the clock was there and the little plastic covers.
85 SJ413K SUA, 30" BFG muds, 512's, lockers and DOHC soon...
81 LJ80, 800cc of pure power....Stock
06 Baja Buggy

Offline idaholwb

• And that's the way the metal crumpled!
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 10:24:50 PM »
I remember the plastic door covers now... I forgot about that part... The seats I believe were just an optional thing... I'm not 100% sure about the year frame they were available though...
97 Sport
265/70-16s
2" lift
2.0 swap
I know...Pretty boring... FOR NOW...

Offline philc72

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 05:45:27 AM »
Ya know... I don't think I've ever seen a Special Edition with the split rear seats in it... I didn't think that Suzuki offered them till like 90 or 91... My best friends dad when I was in high school was a rebuilder of them around the late 80's to mid-90's... He was who I got being a Suzuki nut from... He owned an LJ10 Brute when it was new... And was hooked since. The entire immediate family had a small fleet of mostly Samurais. They were all hooked on Zuki!
yeah all you gotta do is druive one and your hooked its better than crack more addictive too lol

Offline bama jama

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 01:02:21 PM »
They are addictive for sure. I bought my first and still have it as a dd in '91 and have had a few more in the process. I have a tt I'm going to be dding and my wife will drive the '91.
Bill,'88.5 Tin Top.Project (just got)                                                                            '91 2wd bought new,1.6 4v, weber,Calmini header,neon seats,TJ flares.

Offline Jookycola

• 1995 Tracker LSi 4x4 16v 2-door
    • My car domain site for the tracker.
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 05:40:08 PM »
ONLY the SC Sammy's had the optional Split rear seats.  The SC models were fully loaded and purely cosmetic touches, mechanically it was the same as all other Samurai models.
  [/url]

Offline zukimoo

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 06:32:54 PM »
one  guy down here has a Denim Edition for sale.....$8900 and it's mint. Anyone ever hear of this model?

I got under it and it's never been touched...all original and totally stock. I told him that I'd buy it if I won the lottery and would slap a SOA on it, some 33's and run her in the mud....he got right mad at me. THis thing has been in the heated garage since new, no rainy days and barely driven. He won't even park it in the driveway.

I'm crazy but if I had the money it would be mine. It's like it just came off the show room floor.
85 SJ413K SUA, 30" BFG muds, 512's, lockers and DOHC soon...
81 LJ80, 800cc of pure power....Stock
06 Baja Buggy

Offline jaunty