Hello Guest

oil pump question??

• 2 Replies

Offline 89tracker43000

• my tracker
oil pump question??
« on: April 03, 2010, 07:34:10 AM »
the gasket on my oil pump is leaking and my valve seals are leaking 2. how hard is it to change the valve seals and oil pump im just worried about the crank bolt i have already replaced the water pump and timing belt so i know how to do that. i have never taken out the crank bolt or the key way. i have the valve seals just not sure on how to do it on this car. and do i need to drop the oil pan when replacing the oil pump? thanks joe

on a 1989 tracker 8v

Offline john1974

• http://zuknation.net
    • Zuknation
Re: oil pump question??
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 12:07:53 PM »
the gasket on my oil pump is leaking and my valve seals are leaking 2. how hard is it to change the valve seals and oil pump im just worried about the crank bolt i have already replaced the water pump and timing belt so i know how to do that. i have never taken out the crank bolt or the key way. i have the valve seals just not sure on how to do it on this car. and do i need to drop the oil pan when replacing the oil pump? thanks joe

on a 1989 tracker 8v

I dropped my pan when I replaced the pump but I was also doing the pan gasket.  Its not hard, I would say its more time consuming.  best advice is to take your time, double check everything as you go to make sure its right.
 *Image Removed* [/URL]  *Image Removed* [/URL]

Offline 89tracker43000

• my tracker
Re: oil pump question??
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 12:27:31 PM »
thats what i was thinking i might as well replace it when i have it apart. thanks