Hello Guest

Introduction - Show us your Suzuki Samurai, SJ410, and Sierra.

• 98 Replies

Offline tipover

Re: Introduction - Show us your Suzuki Samurai, SJ410, and Sierra.
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2011, 05:15:02 PM »
Sweet. Thats how i  got into samurais. Your right down the road from me in foresthill.
Wheeler-87 Samurai JX. 7" lift, 1.6 TBI, lockers hybrid rear, 33" Swampers, 6 to 1s in a billet housing.
RV Dingy-2003 2 door tracker
Tow-97 PSD F250 Crew SB Dana 60 conversion
87 samurai-spoa ZookEV electric conversion.
RV- 31' Monaco Mckenzie

Offline krink545

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2011, 08:43:30 AM »
Have owned my 87 since about 1997, was a daily driver til 04, sat til last summer and now I'm close to getting it back on the road Had to do some major rust repair on the rocker panel and replace the front clip with one from another donor truck, Used POR 15 on the body and under carriage, had an OME suspension already so I replaced the shocks, diamond plate kit from Low Range and had powder coated, new monsterknob shift knob, new stereo with a unviseral mount which worked great, underseat jeep tuffy box for the back, and M-pac rack from springtail for the rear door,  tuffy center console, ARB bumper and superwinch X6 which i had already, shorxworks side rails, doug thorley header, now just waiting on the exhaust to get here, plus other numerous parts from Low Range and others, thanks for the great service
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 09:12:01 AM by krink545 »

Offline krink545

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2011, 08:49:35 AM »
more pix's

Offline pbgbottle

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2011, 08:44:48 AM »
hey guys i may be hanging around here a bit more again haven't posted in years   ,i just aquired a SJ410  

here it is     09/1984   it used to be my buddy's .  he has since passed away and now i have it.
we also have a 97 sidekick with the calmini 6 inch kit and 31's (wife)
and me a toyota FJ40 on 38's. you can see our sidekick in the back ground

its a 1985 but it has a 1988 1.3 in with the older intakecarb setup.
 it has the narrower axles than the later Samurai have.windshied fold down hinges and brackets.
came with new top ,new rad ,new gell cell battery,new alternator ,starter,
water pump. soa ,shackle reversal, front and rear lunchbox lockers .6 point roll cage.custom bumpers .high lift jack,full size spare. 33x12.5x15 ,toyota celica power steering
new top,bikini top,winjammer,tonneau cover ,and 5.13's ,
door hinges modified for quick door removal

here are a few picks ,it has been sitting for 5 years ,
it needs a good cleaning and some fresh paint on things.

:cheers:

« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 09:01:32 AM by pbgbottle »
1997 suzuki sidekick
4dr. auto
Calmini 6 inch
31x10.5 yokohamas on american racing 15x7
see the machine at http://www.cardomain.com/id/pbgbottle

Just picked this up the other day
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2011, 04:58:19 PM »
Went to the Pull a Part and found two Dodge Neon seats, going to mount them this weekend.

Offline sjpickup

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2011, 06:47:04 PM »
my name is John and the new owner of a 1982 sj410k, this little pickup was on a golf course parked behind a shed for 6 years then in an orchard for 3 more before it was posted on line under a salvage topic. Most every one I know have been looking for one of these for me for years so when I was told about the add I followed up only to find it was the one I had been trying to buy for years. this little truck is in rough shape allot of rust, motor half missing, but it's a 410k.

Offline T.S.Barry

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2011, 07:19:27 AM »
hello all,
well, i just joined the forum in the hopes that i can learn and experience a few things.
i have always liked the Suzuki samurai. growing up my best friend's dad had a handfull of sammys and we would always take them out to play. so as it is i pretty much learned how to drive a standard in a Sammy. here i am almost 13 years later and i still love the little 4x4's! i have always wanted my own. and after the last couple of winters we have had here my wife said to me that it would be great to have a 4 wheel drive.  ;) so i told her i know just what to get.... and my mission is about over, here within the next couple of weeks i will be getting my very own samurai! and that is what has brought me here today. to be able to find pros/cons of the little beast and to gain technical information and knowledge of it. I've always been a fan and i am happy to say i am about to be an owner of an 87 samurai. i plan to get pictures taken and posted after i figure out how to navigate the forum a little better.

i look forward to getting to know a few Suzuki junkies here.  :D
~Tim
nothing to report at this time.....

Offline cstark

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2011, 08:57:19 AM »
Here's my latest, the day I bought it, unacceptable.

Here we are now, 2 inch shackle and 3 inch body lift, with 245/75 R16's.

That's all for now, as it's currently my 16 year old daughters daily driver.
Next year I'll get it back and start a full off-road build.  8)

P.S. I am looking for a set of 4:1 T/C gears so she can have 5th gear back if anyone has a set lying around.

Offline Capt

• LIFT IT ! .......Fat Chicks CAN'T JUMP !!
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2011, 02:50:35 PM »
I see you're from TEXAS !!
A very CLEAN rig from the start !!
We don't see many Sammy's that are not RUSTED up to the door handles up here in Wisconsin.

With the tire size you NOW have, I would recommend a 4.9 transfer case;
You will get 5th gear back, and still have some great low range gears.

CAPT

Offline cstark

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2011, 08:41:23 PM »
Capt., can you enlighten me one the 4.9 T/C gears? Why would that be more preferable than the 4.1?
I'm just curious, shooting blind as I have no experience and 4.1 has been mentioned more than any other.
Don't take that wrong, I sincerely want to know and am here to learn and don't want to do something I'll regret and have to correct later.
Pm or email me if you'd prefer so we don't jack this thread. I'll even pm you my contact number to talk/text if you'd prefer.
Thank you in advance.

Offline Jw6277

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2011, 03:35:21 AM »
My name is Jake, im 17,im in Australia and this is my 1.6 ltr 1994 Suzuki Sierra. 2 inch lifted springs 2 inch body lift 2 inch extended spring hangers and 31x10.5r15 muds.

The way it was when i bought it:

The way it sits now:

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2011, 01:08:21 AM »
Looks good.  :)
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline swanson

• 89 chevy tracker
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2012, 05:08:14 PM »
now i can be part of both the tracker and sami sections of the forum! just bought this 86ish tintop sami today. my buddy bought it for 600$ for the axles for another project he is doing and i bought the rest for 300$. i think  i will be putting toyota axles under it since sami axles are so hard to come by here. the thing is built like a brick pooper. was built for the trails around here and is solid as a rock. has the 1300 in it and it seems to run really nice. the gas tank is a boat fuel tank in the back.

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2012, 10:28:12 AM »
Pre-damaged is the best way to pick up a wheeler. Then you don't feel bad about the additional dents you put in it.  :D
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing