Hello Guest

Introduction - Show us your Suzuki Samurai, SJ410, and Sierra.

• 98 Replies

Re: Introduction - Show us your Suzuki Samurai, SJ410, and Sierra.
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2012, 08:11:55 AM »
Hello!! I am new to the forum, I bought this unit and it was in very rough shape. I am slowly working on it so any input on so's and donts would be awsesome...Thanks!!

mikemac

« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2012, 07:53:23 PM »
  Hi, My name is Mike. I live in Northern California. I bought my 1988 Samurai JX new for around $6K.  :) It has 148K miles on it now, and has been driven almost daily as my work truck. It has been in the snow, and a few miles in the high desert, and a little off road, nothing serious. It has never been in the mud. I have performed routine maintenance throughout the years, the only major work I have done is new bearings and synchros in the transmission. It is all stock. The seats are showing a little wear, but the top is new and there is no rust anywhere. The clear coat is peeling on the hood, but otherwise it looks OK.
  I spent 20 or so years in the military, started out working on M60 tanks, and about 20 years as a ASE cert. heavy duty truck technician.
I still have the first truck I ever owned (1949 GMC 1/2 ton Panel) which I finally finished the body work and paint on. I'll post a pic as soon as I can

Offline Serious

« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2012, 08:22:16 PM »
Resurected 87 Sammy

Offline wtfjackbbq

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
New member Intro
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2015, 08:09:24 AM »
Hello,

I recently purchased my first Jimny/Samurai (actually JA11). I will live in Japan for about 1 more year starting in October. I went ahead and ordered a JA11 and had it shipped to a friend's house. I did own a Jeep XJ, but it will not pass the Bi-annual inspection in Japan, so I went with the Jimny.

About my Jimny

- Cappuccino engine swap (not sure about the benefits of this swap)
- Kinda wimpy sport cage
- 6.50-r16 Creep Crawlers
- Small lift 1.5"-2"
- Mild armor

I have a lunchbox locker, adjustable tire deflators, and an MV-50 air compressor in the mail to install when I get back. Maybe some OME springs and shocks from a friend later on.

Offline ACORA3

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2017, 12:01:15 AM »
Hello folks,
   I'm Jose from So Cal. I have a 86 JX with minor work. SPOA, 4.56s in an open diff to run some 31 Boggers. Been in the offroad scene a while but brand new to Sammys. Anyone have any tips, tricks, or suggestions, please help a fellow wheeler out.

Offline TCARZ

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2017, 04:39:21 PM »
Hi. I'm from Minnesota, but am in Arizona for a few months. I bought my brothers 86 Samurai. It's pretty much stock, sitting in the AZ sun and hasn't been run in 2 yrs. It's a kind of canary yellow. I was told that it was a special order color. The seats are toasted. It just has a top over the cab and a rollbar. Did they all come with rollbars? Anyway, I'm hoping that we get it going. It's still at my brothers place 125 miles from where I am. I plan to rent a truck & trailer to get her home to Minnesota,  where I can spoil her rotten. I have always wanted a Samurai, but could never find a rustfree one. Now, I've finally got one! :-* I'll keep you guys posted on my progress. I'm sure that I'll need some good advice along the way.  :)

Offline Yosemite_Sam

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2019, 02:26:59 PM »
Hey, I'm new to offroading, but I came across what is now my new toy for a price that was too good to pass up. Hoping to learn a bit here so I can fix the small problems and then have some fun in the dirt.

Pre-wash:

Post-wash:

Offline Cyclehoarder

• Samurai Rookes need love to
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2019, 05:30:40 PM »
Posted a reply but seems to have disappeared?  So here goes, Deb my wife and I collect various motorcycles, and we just bought our first 4 wheeled vintage play thing, a 1987 Suzuki Samurai. I look forward to learning from you all, and thanks for adding me.

Thanks again!

Curt & Debbie
1987 Suzuki Samurai
And a hoard of motorcycles
La Grange , KY

Offline 777AIA

• 2WD does damn fine...
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2020, 02:40:52 PM »
Howdy - Bill from Phoenix. Picked up my new '92 Samurai in Edmund, OK on Monday - after a long drive up Sunday, and whipped her back my 9:30a Tuesday! But, used so much gas in the LR, that I could frankly have shipped it for the same price... oh well.
Already in some parts and pieces... pulling off rusted looking parts and cleaning up and repainting - reinstalling - while its so damn hot out. Been fun just tooling down the street for supplies though, so far!
I am forum oriented for all my vehicles, so may be on here a bit... already messed up one post while looking on my phone and not finding what I expected - oops! Sorry!
Phoenix
'92 Samurai 2WD
'07 987.1 Cayman S
'84 Datsun 720 Standard 4x4 Pickup (24K miles!)