Hello Guest

transfercase mounts

• 2 Replies

Offline zukijeff

transfercase mounts
« on: October 06, 2010, 01:44:15 PM »
Any input on wich transfercase mount / cradle is the best protection , ease of maint, strength. for my sammy?

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
Re: transfercase mounts
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 03:30:15 PM »
They all work pretty well.  I like the Snatch setup for ZOR as it looks like it would be a lot easier to remove the t-case once installed due to the two-piece design.

If your in the Seattle area there is a guy selling some custom made ones on Craigslist for $100 that look pretty similar to the Mighty Kong.
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline my996duc1

Re: transfercase mounts
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 05:59:39 PM »
If I was buying a new one, I would try the ZOR snatch.
My Sami came with a Mighty Kong so that is what I kept.
I had issues with the stock rubber style mounts and tried new stock, Trail Tough solid, and Polaris mounts.
The Polaris engine mounts used as t-case mounts are the ticket to keeping a rubber mount but being strong enough they don't stretch like the stock ones, don't vibrate like the solid mounts, don't oval out mount holes like the bolt through one.
If you are going to use a cradle that uses the stock style of mounting point then I would suggest the Polaris mounts
Full write up here :
http://www.zukikrawlers.com/showthread.php?t=34639&highlight=Polaris
1987 Tintop / 1.6 16V ps & ac / 6.4 t-case Twisted TT / 4.30 R&P Hybrid rear / Double Tough axles / Shrockworks all around / ARB f&r / Mighty Kong & TT full skid / DS disconnect / CV shafts f & r / YJ missing links f & r / Petroworks tintop cage / 15 gal Tank / 31" x 12.50 Pro Comps