Hello Guest

Samurai Wheel Flairs

• 6 Replies

Offline wachtelhund

Samurai Wheel Flairs
« on: May 04, 2011, 05:48:31 PM »
Capt,
I thought I would start a new thread rather than hijack another.

I'm the one  doing the group flair buy and had posted here earlier about a group buy of 6" wheel flairs for Samurais. I'm on the Zuwarie board most of the time.  Just received an E-mail from Thialand they  were just loaded on a boat and will be in Chicago around June 7th.  We only order 12 sets, 4 flairs per set.  We had 25 people sign up for the buy, but when it came time to pay only 11 paid.  Would have been cheaper with more in the buy.  There is another post here with pictures, here they are again.  They were $95.00 per set plus shipping; collected $195.00 from each buyer to pay shipping and then forwarding shipping.  Price to Chicago was $1790.00. 

Dave

Samurai
made in Japan
Built in the USA!

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
Re: Samurai Wheel Flairs
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 09:49:36 PM »
Weird, I never got an email that you were ready to buy...  That sucks, I wanted to get two pairs.
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline wachtelhund

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 10:38:46 PM »
Weird, I never got an email that you were ready to buy...  That sucks, I wanted to get two pairs.

Sorry, I posted on the zuwharrie board and here.  Most of the responses were on the zuwharrie board.  I sent E-mails to those who had E-mailed me directly, a date for eveyone to pay by.  Made several posts and delayed the actual purchased a month to allow people to pay.  Trying to kept track between PMs and actual E-mails was difficult.  I had asked for actual E-mail addresses and for people to place their orders on the zuwharrie board.  Putting this to gether was a major PITA!

There was only one reply on this board from Elf, he ordered on the zuwharrie board..
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 10:43:52 PM by wachtelhund »
Dave

Samurai
made in Japan
Built in the USA!

Offline Jonny Rash

• Too many Samurais, too little time
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 06:05:14 AM »
They look nice, but I was deterred by the fact that were made from fiberglass.  If they had been poly like the stock ones, I would have jumped on them.
25+ years of Samurai ownership!

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 01:37:59 PM »
Sorry, I posted on the zuwharrie board and here.  Most of the responses were on the zuwharrie board.  I sent E-mails to those who had E-mailed me directly, a date for eveyone to pay by.  Made several posts and delayed the actual purchased a month to allow people to pay.  Trying to kept track between PMs and actual E-mails was difficult.  I had asked for actual E-mail addresses and for people to place their orders on the zuwharrie board.  Putting this to gether was a major PITA!

There was only one reply on this board from Elf, he ordered on the zuwharrie board..

My bad for not keeping closer track.  Oh well, maybe next time.  :)
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline erik the red

• Cascade Adventure Guides
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 03:51:03 PM »
They look nice, but I was deterred by the fact that were made from fiberglass.  If they had been poly like the stock ones, I would have jumped on them.

x2
1996 Geo Tracker
1987 Suzuki Samurai soft top
1987 Suzuki Samurai Tin Top
1972 Suzuki LJ20V

Offline wachtelhund

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 12:24:27 PM »

x2
Yes Fiberglas could be an issue, however, it is much easier to repair than ploy flairs.
Dave

Samurai
made in Japan
Built in the USA!