Hello Guest

Shrockworks Sidekick/Tracker front bumper interest?

• 17 Replies

Offline talonxracer

Re: Shrockworks Sidekick/Tracker front bumper interest?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 07:58:52 PM »

I think the product would sell much more if it was built out of 1/8 and 3/16 and 2/3rds the prices.. However there isn't much out there for options on sidekicks.. It's by far the best looking bumper with Calmini running a close second.  

I think the Altered Ego bumpers both front and rear, are hands down better looking than Calmini bumpers. the same basic look as the shrokworks.

And unlike SW they have a rear bumper
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 08:02:04 PM by talonxracer »
Tim "the toolman" Taylor is my HERO !!!

The only GOOD Commie is the commie taking a dirt nap....

Offline justzukies

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 11:28:46 AM »
just wanted to respond to the frugal nature of some of the sidekick owners.  I was in the process of getting a front bump on my 94 when I got the plastic cover off the front bumper, wow, there was a modest steel lightweight bumper already in place.  While not suitable for mounting a winch I loved the look it gave, and has served me well.  I really enjoy the tricked out Zuks I see on this site, and reading about the intense work and money that goes in to them.  Without that interrest I know there would not be the product developement that has taken place.  One of the beaties of the Zuk and Trac 4x4 is that they were a low buck competetion to the other makes when new.  I enjoy getting an incredable 4x4 on the budget.  Opinion; to many activities are getting attainable by less and less people that scrimp, save, and sacfrifice to attain ther dreams.
94 kick 1.6 16V AT 4dr  Calmini 3" lift

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 07:12:15 PM »
I did email, but they are for pre-99s so they wouldn't fit.

I've been looking all around for bumpers for a 99 Tracker and there's not much. Freight is also a huge killer, and some outfits (ZOR) are backed up and/or only making 1st gen bumpers. Calmini and someone else also told me their bumpers couldn't support tow bars...which seems odd. AlteredEgo's do, but again it's massive freight and whatnot to the States.

I ran this by the local fab guys and they can probably do something for me in the same general price range, and I suspect that's what many people do. Maybe a more minimalist kit might be the way to go, like AtoZ Fabrication does for jeepers. Just a rectangular tube bent to conform to the various SideTrackers etc, bracket material, and add-ons like receiver tubes, tow bars, winch plates, bull bars, etc. Take 'em to a fab shop or good welder and it would still come in at about the same prices maybe. I keep searching CL in hopes of finding something. I'd just cut off the bracketry and the shop could mount it. For them it's a big time hassle to design the bar to your specifications; easier to just fab the installation parts.

Rob