Hello Guest

I need a wiring schematic for the Fuel injection and ignition on a 2001 XL7

• 2 Replies

This rig is new to me and I purchased it not running.
I have one coil on the right side that starts to smoke and swell on the top after a minute or so of run time.  A new coil did the same thing and I found that the signal wire from the PCM has 3.5 volts on it.  Even with this one unplugged the other two coils on that side dont fire. While testing, I lost injector pulse and now it wont run at all.  I swapped in another PCM with the same result. 
Does anyone have a wiring diagram they could share?
Thanks
David.

Offline BRD HNTR

I have the FSM for 03, lots of wiring diagrams.  I also have 3 pdf pages of 03 ecu wiring diagrams.  PM me with email address and I will send them your way.
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

PM sent.

I am beginning to think a tweeker may have swapped in the wrong wiring harness and the problem may be the pinouts of the PCM.  The computer in the car has a yellow X on it like a wrecking yard would use and the part number comes up for an 02 rather than an 01.  Also the wiring harness has an ABS connector that is really clean and uncapped but this car has no ABS.