Hello Guest

Members Rides Info thread (PICTURE THREAD)

• 866 Replies

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
Re: Members Rides Info thread (PICTURE THREAD)
« Reply #855 on: December 10, 2016, 09:45:54 AM »

89 sidekick
31" tires
2" home made spacer lift

Love the rig and the area. Where is this picture taken?

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline Jeckler

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #856 on: April 09, 2017, 08:13:20 AM »
Year: 1996
Type: Tracker
Engine: 1.6L 16V with 150,000 miles
Drivetrain: 5 speed manual, stock axles and case
Tires: 235/75-15 Federal Couragia M/T
Wheel/Backspacing: ION Alloy Series 71, 15x7 w/ 3.75" BS
Suspension: 2" coil/strut spacers from Hoepkers on eBay, Gabriel Struts, '95 Mustang shocks, LROR control arm spacer
Tunes: Cheap JVC w/cheap 4" speakers front and rear.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 06:56:42 PM by Jeckler »

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #857 on: April 09, 2017, 09:53:59 AM »
Really clean looking tracker, thanks for posting!

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

« Reply #858 on: April 09, 2017, 05:29:43 PM »
Jeckler - How are the Mustang struts compared to the factory Tracker struts, dimensions?

Offline Jeckler

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #859 on: April 09, 2017, 06:55:17 PM »
Jeckler - How are the Mustang struts compared to the factory Tracker struts, dimensions?
I used the Mustang rear shocks. The front struts are OE spec for the TrackKick. The shocks about 2" longer when extended. I didn't check the difference when compressed though. I had read that if using the Crown Vic shock that you have to do something with the lower mount, like the diameter is different or something. These are the same length and diameter, so bolted right in. As far as ride, they definitely ride better than the 20 year old stock ones, but I don't have anything else to go on.

« Reply #860 on: April 09, 2017, 11:31:29 PM »
Thank you.  I read it wrong. 

I used the Ford LTD shocks when I first lifted mine, but switched to the Doetsch shocks.  They had a significantly better ride.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 05:27:20 PM by Ridjobradi »

Offline tazuki

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #861 on: December 21, 2017, 06:29:30 AM »
TAZUKI / 1994 Geo Tracker tin top , 2.0L , 4spd auto , 4.24:1 T-case . 512 R&P , ARB locker , on board air . 4.5" suspension lift , 2" body lift, skid plated , 31x10.05x15 Guard Dog tires , etc , etc .........

Offline WVzuk

« Reply #862 on: December 21, 2017, 02:21:50 PM »
Details in my sig.
1994 4dr Sidekick: 3inch Zukination lift, 30x9.50 mud tires, snorkel, ARB rear locker, homemade bumpers

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #863 on: December 23, 2017, 05:02:33 PM »
Dig the "under rock" photo!

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline Stormrider51

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #864 on: August 05, 2018, 05:48:50 PM »
Here's my '87 Samurai.  I bought it a couple of weeks ago and plan to lower it and get something closer to stock tires on it.  An interesting side note is that after purchase I found the owner's manual in the glove compartment.  On the cover was a sticker showing the original owner's name and VIN.  Something caught my eye.  I was the original owner.  So the Sammy came home after all these years.
John

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #865 on: September 13, 2018, 05:52:34 AM »
That's cool that your Samurai came home. How many years away do you think?

-Eric

Here's my '87 Samurai.  I bought it a couple of weeks ago and plan to lower it and get something closer to stock tires on it.  An interesting side note is that after purchase I found the owner's manual in the glove compartment.  On the cover was a sticker showing the original owner's name and VIN.  Something caught my eye.  I was the original owner.  So the Sammy came home after all these years.
John
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline Stormrider51

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #866 on: September 13, 2018, 11:46:53 AM »
That's cool that your Samurai came home. How many years away do you think?

-Eric
Eric,  I'm not sure how many years we had it before my now ex-wife decided she wanted something faster.  Three years, I think.  I have service records kept by subsequent owners indicating that it traveled to Connecticut for a number of years before making its way back to Texas.  Along the way it changed from its original silver with stripes down each side to red and now its current black.  So to answer your question, it took about 28 years to find its way home.
John