Hello Guest

Moab - Easter Jeep 2012

• 21 Replies

Offline Jonny Rash

• Too many Samurais, too little time
Re: Moab - Easter Jeep 2012
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 01:54:19 PM »
Yes, I remember the white one from last year when it was all green.  It did quite well then too.

Which one were you driving this year?  No longer the 4-door from the video that you posted.  What are the specs on this rig?  It seemed like it performed quite well from the video.   8)  ARB in the rear? 

After watching that video, it makes me want to build up the automatic 4wd 2dr Sidekick that I have for parts.  The Sidekicks definitely do well in Moab, probably better than the Samurais.  The longer wheelbase, lower COG, and wider track of the Sidekick make it a lot better suited to those steep, slickrock grades.
25+ years of Samurai ownership!

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 03:40:27 PM »
The 4-door was someone else that was running with Haggen, I saw it when towing a rig back from Hells Revenge but didn't get to meet up with them this year. 

Mine is actually the White Rabbit project over in the build threads.  Yes, it is somewhat confusing that the White Rabbit is not white, but you can blame my mom.  She named it. :)

http://www.zukiworld.com/forum/build-diaries-how-to-diy/project-white-rabbit/

Spool in the back, ARB up front.  We figure if you bought everything brand new from a completely stock rig you would have around 3k into the build.  ARB, 5.12 gears, tires, wheels, armor, springs, diff rebuild kits.  As it is we had about 400 in random parts.  Everything else we had, stole from my old SJ or Project Trouble.
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline Jonny Rash

• Too many Samurais, too little time
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 06:19:27 AM »
Sorry, I thought you were running a 4-door last year, but that was Goodyz.  I really like the White Rabbit build and it inspires me to build something similar. 
25+ years of Samurai ownership!

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2012, 10:18:37 PM »
Here is Drone637 on Hells Revenge, going down the chute to Hells Gate.
2012 EJS Moab down Hells Gate

Drone637 climbing out on Hell's Gate.  I didn't get around the top fast enough to catch him starting on the bottom.
2012 Moab EJS, Hells Gate
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2012, 09:53:33 AM »
Cool vids!

- Andy
GO PREPARED! www.WARN.com
Like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/WARNfans
Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/WarnIndustries

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2012, 10:52:00 AM »
We didn't get as many vids of our rigs on the rocks as we expected.  My photographer didn't watch/film when I was on the tough stuff (wives???) and there wasn't much time to get out and film the others before they were through the obstacles.  While phones take good photo's and vids, they tend to hide how extreme some of the obstacles are (or I just wasn't at the right angle).  This shows how steep Hells Gate down chute started, then it has two other steeper sections.

I only saw a few other Zuks in town, mostly Sammi's.

ANDY:  Even if you can't get your Zuk out next year, perhaps we can schedule a day on the trails. 

When things don't go wrong (break, or worse), it's awesome out there.  I had a good time even when things broke (cause it wasn't mine?), and we still managed some really good trails. 
And don't forget to look at the scenery, its good too.  That's one good thing about the Jeeps, you have time to look at the scenery while waiting for them (cause at least one in every group isn't going to scratch their new rig).
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 02:12:15 AM »
Just browsing Moab photo's and I found this 360 Degree Sperical Panorama for muscleman arch.  http://www.utah3d.net/panoramas_5/musselman.html  It is amazing, just click abd move your mouse on it.
And here is Drone637b (oh, it was me)on same Arch
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 02:21:04 AM by BRD HNTR »