Hello Guest

Does the X90 body fit the TracKick chassis?

• 3 Replies

Offline Khodabear

• Littleton Colorado
Does the X90 body fit the TracKick chassis?
« on: June 19, 2012, 09:10:40 PM »

I have had quite a bit of time to ponder since my wife won't return to Denver with the X90 till Friday. Of course now that we're down to just a few days I'll be spending quite a bit of time getting the house back into some semblance of order. Having been through this before I have hired help.

Anyway...I have this X90. Good motor, decent body - one dent behind the passenger door. Minimal body rust. It's 2wd - no AC. The chassis is rusty, it being a Wisconsin car.

I also have on hand a 1996 Tracker. Colorado vehicle - minimal chassis rust. It has one weak cylinder but does run. Needs a clutch. Has AC.

My web research has me believing that the two vehicles share the same chassis. Open to opinion on that.

So you might see where I'm heading. It could make sense to swap the X90 body onto the Tracker chassis, using the X90's motor, as opposed to trying to sort out the X90 chassis which would include AC and the conversion to 4wd.
Has anybody done something like this? Is it reasonably do-able or am I not thinking clearly...it has happened before.
1997 Tracker
1997 X90

Offline Skyhiranger

• I don't buy, what I can build
Re: Does the X90 body fit the TracKick chassis?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 07:19:33 PM »
AFAIK, the frames are identical between the two (of course I am talking x90 and 2 door trackick....not 4 door).
A 4wd conversion isn't really that hard, if you want to do it.
Tracker and Sidekick parts for sale.....PM me with your wants/needs.

Offline Khodabear

• Littleton Colorado
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 08:51:35 PM »
Well - according to Andy, over at the X90 Yahoo group, it's a drop on swap and he's done it.

X90 body will drop straight onto vitara (Trackick) chassis, body mounts are the same, the
thing that will trip you up is the bumper mounts are different between X90 and
vitara, l can probably sort out some pics

Andy
1997 Tracker
1997 X90

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 01:28:24 PM »
Andy is a badass.  :)