Hello Guest

Newbie thinking about Vorra

• 2 Replies

Newbie thinking about Vorra
« on: August 20, 2012, 01:12:56 PM »
Hi all, I did some searches on Vorra in this forum and didn't find much. I pulled down the rule book and started going through it, but ultimately, I don't think I could build a race ready Samurai without enlisting the advice of others. My question is, who has got some tips on which parts to use? What are the best Suzuki axles, motors, trannies, brakes, etc? Any help would be awesome!

Offline Bigzook

• Current owner of the famous Audi Kick
    • Donkey Worx Galleries
Re: Newbie thinking about Vorra
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 05:25:02 PM »
AS cool as a race cammy would be I really think it would not work very well. The short leaf springs and even shorter wheel base would really hinder your speed. What I learned very quickly is the need for as much wheel travel as you can afford, good quality shocks, and bulletproof parts. If I was to biuld another car it would be a 4-door.

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
Re: Newbie thinking about Vorra
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 08:21:47 PM »
If you want to run a Samurai I would look at what the Ultra 4 racers are doing since you will be running a solid axle front and rear.

It would be cool to see though.  You can stretch your wheelbase 4" I believe, and if you use long enough upper and lower links you can get some good movement and you will save around 2-300 lbs of weight. 

Like Bigzook said though, a 4-door would be a nice setup.  The longer wheelbase makes a big difference.  But they don't look as cool.  :)
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing