Hello Guest

stock 4 door springs on a 2 door???

• 5 Replies

Offline chadstichter

• 98 4door home built coil yota swap 31s rear e-lock
stock 4 door springs on a 2 door???
« on: November 18, 2012, 08:10:11 PM »
since im doing toyota axles on my 4 door im left with a coil spacer lift and the stock 4 door springs and i was wondering how much lift the 4 door springs will give me on the 2 door. the coil spacer lift is to tall for the 225/75/15s that fit under there with no lift. im just trying to get it a little bit taller so it looks a little better. if anyone knows about how much its a big help

thanks
98 4door home built coil yota swap 31s rear e-locker, 8000lb winch and synthetic rope
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ]
 l(|removethispart|@) (|removethispart|@)          l(|removethispart|@) (|removethispart|@)         l(|removethispart|@)

Offline RACER X

• zuki or die!
Re: stock 4 door springs on a 2 door???
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 12:27:52 AM »
bout 1 inch but the ride is way stiffer
98 kick

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 06:07:44 AM »
bout 1 inch but the ride is way stiffer

But much better than spring spacers.
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline chadstichter

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 07:03:03 AM »
okay the springs under there now are pretty hammared so i think the ride might be a little better. am i going to need to adjust the camber at all? BRD HNTR on my 4 door it acctually made the ride smoother with those spacers but it must have just been the extra weight
98 4door home built coil yota swap 31s rear e-locker, 8000lb winch and synthetic rope
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
 l(|removethispart|@) (|removethispart|@)          l(|removethispart|@) (|removethispart|@)         l(|removethispart|@)

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 06:51:14 PM »
The 4 door springs gave my Tracker more spring, not as harsh as the coil spacers.  Could have been because my coils were hammered.  It will be interesting to see how your turns out.
Any time you change the ride height, it changes the chamber.  (Although I never did an alignment until third raise modification.)
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline chadstichter

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 07:20:23 PM »
i just put them under it and rattle canned the wheels black. the camber isnt off that much if any because of how shot the old coils were. i dont have a before pic but ill post a after soon. havnt got a chance to try it out but as far as looks you cant hardly tell unless you saw it before. when i drive it ill let you know how it rides
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||