Hello Guest

Calmini EDSE Kit

• 63 Replies

Offline tchajagos

Re: Calmini EDSE Kit
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2015, 11:29:31 AM »

Would be great if Calmini do something to put coilover's, like this in the picture...

You have to understand what this kit is. It's bolt on and has to work around that stuff that is there already. The strut tower and top coil spring retainer are part of the frame and would have to be cut off. The front axle is right there in the middle of the control arm as well so the coil over cant just sit where it is in this picture.

Online fordem

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2015, 07:39:17 PM »
Ever looked at a Toyota Hilux?  If you haven't try google images or maybe take a peek under a Tacoma, it should be similar - it's all about the choice of shock and where it attaches to the LCA - and rather than cut off the strut mount, use that to mount the top of the coil over, which has already been done by Kreator in his kit, and I don't recall him cutting the spring seat off of the frame.

I'm not impressed with Calmini's execution, especially with regard to the amount of rework that everyone seems to need to do with this "bolt on" kit, but I will give them kudos for thinking outside of the box.
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny

Offline tictac

• What's THAT noise now?
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2015, 09:59:38 AM »
I really like the kit. It's built like a brick S house. I think if you put the lift, body lift & the EDSES then it is 100% bolt in. I opted not to do body lift so I ground the bracket. But it will work just fine. The kit has beefier parts than I've seen on 1 ton trucks. I have not had off road yet as I'm now doing a 2.0 conversion from trail tough. But after that it's gonna get some "testing" 😎
94 Sidekick. Calmini 3" lift with EDSES. 2.0 engine swap (real soon) 😎

Online fordem

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2015, 12:26:39 PM »
According to Calmini's website, the only "prerequisite" for this kit is the 3" "super articulation system, so I would expect it to be "100% bolt on" without a body lift.
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny

Offline tictac

• What's THAT noise now?
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2015, 05:01:19 PM »
I think it will really boil down to your lower steering shaft. My stock one was bent from hitting a deer a couple years ago. So I got a new (used) one from trail tough. My stock one was an accordion style & new one is straight shaft with 2 u joints & a lot smaller so I don't need to grind anymore. It is a good kit. Maybe just needs some tweeking to make sure it fits all variations of these little trucks. I still think Mike Hagens Orange truck is the ultimate IFS set up for these things. That guy makes amazing stuff

Offline RJkick

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2015, 10:10:37 AM »
I liked the price point and a little extra work is expected for me.  I don't think anything has gone on without some extra time and energy.  My choices keep changing so I keep getting farther away from the original design

I have broken 3 OME struts so if the kit stops me from breaking a $$ strut I am happy

I did run this kit with only the passenger side shock still attached so I like not having to "Gerry rig" a strut to get off the trail.

92 Sidekick 1.6L 16v Calmini\OME 4.5" lift 3" Body Lift OME962 springs in front w\.75" spacers OME955 in rear w\1.75" spacers Extreme Duty Strut Eliminator kit and rear ProComp MX6 Shocks 31X10.50 Nexen M\T   Thorley Header   2" exhaust  Calmini front truss bar and stabilizer and skids   Custom Bumpers and Rock Rails  Limit Straps

Offline yuri

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2015, 10:19:20 AM »
after few mods...It's really work !
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 11:11:18 PM by yuri »

Offline yuri

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2015, 10:31:55 AM »
I just found this :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 07:04:22 AM by yuri »

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2015, 03:55:52 PM »
Yuri, it looks like your running two shocks on each side , is this correct? and why?
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline tictac

• What's THAT noise now?
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2015, 06:24:02 PM »
If you have no body lift & accordion style lower steering shaft, you have to grind upper a arm bracket on driver side. If you have solid metal one like what I got from TT. It will fit with no grinding.

Offline yuri

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2015, 08:39:47 PM »
Yuri, it looks like your running two shocks on each side , is this correct? and why?

Yes, two shock for each side. The shock that came with the EDSES kit, too soft, event without any load in front. I got tubing bumper and winch ...about 50 kg extra in front. That's why I put another adjustable shock which  the pressure of the shock was already calculate with the weight of my car.

Offline tictac

• What's THAT noise now?
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2015, 09:41:14 PM »
For those wanting to put this kit on. It's pretty straight forward. I didn't even take my half shafts out. Left them on the knuckle. I even left ball joint on and took the 3 bolts off, took spring out with compressor then took lower control arm off. The hard part was drilling holes for upper control arm. I used a uni bit then a carbide burr to open holes until the bracket fit.  I really like this kit. Not so much on shocks, but the kit is awesome.

Offline tictac

• What's THAT noise now?
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2015, 09:43:41 PM »
There are a few guys here with the kit. If anyone has install questions feel free to shoot a pm. Be happy to answer any questions. I am really glad I got it. I plan to get an anvil when they are available again.

Offline yuri

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2015, 09:32:16 PM »
not too bad for IFS with EDSES kit plus

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2015, 05:20:43 PM »
Looks good

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!