Hello Guest

Power Steering

• 4 Replies

Offline ZekeeSamurai

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Power Steering
« on: July 24, 2015, 12:50:35 PM »
I have my own metal fabrication shop and my next project is to install a power steering pump and steering box from a 1988 Ford Van on my Samurai. It appears I will need to relocate the radiator overflow to the passenger side and build the necessary brackets to mount the pump and box. Also fabricate a joint for the steering rod. I ordered a double pulley from offroad and it's due in Wednesday. Anyone ever try something like this or know something I have missed? I appreciate any input! Thanks...

The van had 63,000 actual miles and I got the power steering parts in exchange for hauling the van a few miles for a friend who bought it for the motor.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 12:45:25 PM by ZekeeSamurai »

Offline ecoast

• You tube my space, and I'll google your yahoo
    • East Coast Canvas
Re: Power Steering
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 02:13:16 PM »
Most people use a sidekick or tracker box inside the rail or a Toyota box if they want to go outside the frame....

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

What the hell you lookin' down here for?

Offline ZekeeSamurai

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 06:48:04 AM »
It's more of a project "thing" for me to see if I can make it happen and have something different on my Sammy and I don't really have any cash tied up in it if it doesn't work out. Thanks!

Offline ZekeeSamurai

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 11:27:43 AM »
This has turned into quite an undertaking which has included mounting brackets and carving out a small portion of the lower grill to make room for the steering box. I am taking pictures for reference and should finish up this weekend.

Offline ZekeeSamurai

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 10:11:10 AM »
Project just kept developing issues so I scraped it and now installing power steering from a Toyota truck and should be finished by the weekend! Yippee.