Hello Guest

whining tranny?

• 4 Replies

Offline piston_pounder

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
whining tranny?
« on: August 03, 2015, 01:43:38 PM »
There is a whining coming from below. It starts quiet in first and progressively gets louder and more high pitch all the way through fifth. After searching for answers I am now 90% sure that it is coming from my transmission.
Im just not sure what part of the transmission. Is it on the verge of a catastrophic failure? Will a transmission rebuild kit from rocky road solve my problem? Heres a link to a video where you can hear the whining. Sound familiar? Thanks.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K-JaUI1sWdY
Also, the previous  plopped the 1.6L engine in. Does that still use the stock transmission or is that from a sidekick too?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 01:45:49 PM by piston_pounder »

Offline piston_pounder

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Re: whining tranny?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 07:39:14 AM »
wow. All these views and no responses. So this website is obviously a wrong choice for seeking advice...

Offline Black007

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 07:40:58 AM »
If you dig through my posts, I had a simmilar issue and also made a video. I'm in a class so I can't watch yours but if you watch mine and read the thread then you may find it useful.

Offline piston_pounder

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 08:16:21 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Your video sounds more like a throw out bearing. To me it sounds like my transmission has straight cut gears but Im pretty sure it doesnt.

Offline Black007

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 10:18:56 AM »
Yes I agree I just had a chance to view yours. Have you tried putting the t case in neutral and putting the trans in 5th? May eliminate the transfer case as an issue.