Hello Guest

Ocatillo Wells obstacle course

• 7 Replies

Offline TheLastSamurai

• 91' TFI
Ocatillo Wells obstacle course
« on: August 26, 2015, 06:11:24 PM »
Me and a buddy plan on going to Ocatillo Wells to try out our Samurai's on the obstacle course there. We will be there from Nov. 13th-15th and will probably camp near the obstacle course. All 4x4's welcome but would especially like to see some Zuki's. There will be a big group of us and as always more are welcome.

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
Re: Ocatillo Wells obstacle course
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 08:03:23 PM »
Me and a buddy plan on going to Ocatillo Wells to try out our Samurai's on the obstacle course there. We will be there from Nov. 13th-15th and will probably camp near the obstacle course. All 4x4's welcome but would especially like to see some Zuki's. There will be a big group of us and as always more are welcome.

Is this like a formalized event or a group of buddies? Maybe a bit of both? Do you have any pics of the obstacle course?

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline TheLastSamurai

• 91' TFI
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 08:52:54 PM »
It is a gathering of approx. 12-15 people, 5-8 4x4 rigs and a weekend in Ocatillo. I was just putting it out there that some friendly zukes will be in the area in case any others would like to meet for a trail run or a challenge at the obstacle course. A portion of the obstacle course being run by a Samurai can be seen here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxLymLPs4ak

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 12:54:23 PM »
Interesting video... It's like someone transplanted a Samurai onto Tatooine

Thanks for sharing that!

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline TheLastSamurai

• 91' TFI
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 03:47:13 PM »
Interesting video... It's like someone transplanted a Samurai onto Tatooine

Thanks for sharing that!

-Eric

LOL it totally is Tatooine haha. Its a lot of fun though and they have this giant obstacle that few people have made it up. Its a bunch of concrete tubes that are 8 feet in diameter, all stacked on top of each other to create a really steep dirt climb. I wanna try it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvNBsHqSERw
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 04:06:09 PM by TheLastSamurai »

Offline captwoody

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 10:23:14 PM »
its called Truckhaven offroad training area. it is in the Ocotillo offroad area off s-22. The Tierra Del Sol Jeep jamboree is held out there.Lots of awesome trails out there.would love to meet you guys out there but I think that's opening weekend for pheasant and dove 2nd half
Just a Newbie crushing one rock at a time,2x4 rocksliders,lowrange 2"suspension lift 2" body lift and skid plates,5000 winch,towbar,grand vitara rear springs,100watt lights,ARB compressor /air up kit,ARB RD209 LOCKER,Roof rack,tow hitch, General AT2 255/70/15 or 31/10.5/15 Mud tires , 5.12 Gear swap,off road tent trailer,LED Lights

Offline TheLastSamurai

• 91' TFI
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 11:34:48 AM »
its called Truckhaven offroad training area. it is in the Ocotillo offroad area off s-22. The Tierra Del Sol Jeep jamboree is held out there.Lots of awesome trails out there.would love to meet you guys out there but I think that's opening weekend for pheasant and dove 2nd half

How close are the hunting areas to the obstacle course?

Offline captwoody

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 03:36:25 PM »
60 miles from where i hunt in calexico,30 miles to westmorland/brawley area
Just a Newbie crushing one rock at a time,2x4 rocksliders,lowrange 2"suspension lift 2" body lift and skid plates,5000 winch,towbar,grand vitara rear springs,100watt lights,ARB compressor /air up kit,ARB RD209 LOCKER,Roof rack,tow hitch, General AT2 255/70/15 or 31/10.5/15 Mud tires , 5.12 Gear swap,off road tent trailer,LED Lights