Hello Guest

ZUKIWORLD ZUKFARI - Fall Classic 2015 - Bend, OR - NOW WITH PICTURES!

• 79 Replies

Offline Soupy

Re: ZUKIWORLD ZUKFARI - Fall Classic 2015 - Bend, OR
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2015, 09:08:10 AM »
Eric,
Thanks for the DAT file!

I have my Baofeng handheld loaded up with the frequencies.

I will bring a laptop, the USB cord. I'm volunteering to and load the DAT to any other attendees radio if they would like. While I'm at it, I'll can spend 5-10 minutes with every one that has one to go over "Tips n Tricks". I think that will help keep everyone in better communication. I'm no radio expert, but maybe just hosting a round table discussion before we hit the trail?

For those of you looking for the dat. Look at the bottom of the first post. That is where I found it attached.

Offline darnold87

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2015, 10:23:30 AM »
Eric,
Thanks for the DAT file!

I have my Baofeng handheld loaded up with the frequencies.

I will bring a laptop, the USB cord. I'm volunteering to and load the DAT to any other attendees radio if they would like. While I'm at it, I'll can spend 5-10 minutes with every one that has one to go over "Tips n Tricks". I think that will help keep everyone in better communication. I'm no radio expert, but maybe just hosting a round table discussion before we hit the trail?

For those of you looking for the dat. Look at the bottom of the first post. That is where I found it attached.

That's awesome!  I'll sign up for the DAT file upload, and I agree that a discussion prior to heading out would be beneficial.  Thanks!
~Davey
'94 Suzuki Sidekick
'92 Suzuki Swift GT
'04 Lexus GX470

Offline darnold87

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2015, 10:28:23 AM »
ANOTHER EVENING ACTIVITY IN THE WORKS!

OK, so another thing we're planning to do in the evening(s) is launch some rockets!  You can get model rockets pretty cheap (amazon.com)... The emergency flares in previous years have been a blast, so why not step it up and launch some stuff even higher!  So order something up and bring it on the trip - it'll be fun!  :)

~Davey
'94 Suzuki Sidekick
'92 Suzuki Swift GT
'04 Lexus GX470

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2015, 07:00:13 PM »
ANOTHER EVENING ACTIVITY IN THE WORKS!

OK, so another thing we're planning to do in the evening(s) is launch some rockets!  You can get model rockets pretty cheap (amazon.com)... The emergency flares in previous years have been a blast, so why not step it up and launch some stuff even higher!  So order something up and bring it on the trip - it'll be fun!  :)

Hey Rockets! That's a good idea...

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2015, 04:38:00 PM »
Ok, I just ordered a pile of those LED string lights for camp. Should be fantastic! I got the multicolored with the remotes so we can make them flash and have a 'burning man' experience.

;)

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2015, 07:13:11 PM »
Just got another sign up! Joe from Seattle has been with us before, I think back in 2011...

Anybody come up with a "plus 1" yet? :)

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline jaunty

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2015, 12:32:23 PM »
this sounds pretty rad. i probably wont be able to make it, but i'll try my best.  If i do go it will be last minute.
I just scored a completely stock tin top and I intend to keep it that way (heard that before).

About the radios though,
are there any radios that can function both on CB frequencies and MURS frequencies?

Offline mverley

• SPACE JUNK
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2015, 06:02:57 PM »
are there any radios that can function both on CB frequencies and MURS frequencies?

I can't say for sure that one does not exist, but I've never seen a radio that can work on both CB frequencies and VHF/UHF FM frequencies.  CB is AM and requires a completely different kind of hardware than a FM VHF/UHF radio.  If there is one out there, it would essentially be two separate radios housed inside of one case. 
My rig is a fusion of Jazz and Funk; I call it JUNK

Offline jaunty

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2015, 06:14:34 PM »
hmm. thanks for the info.  Yeah i hadn't heard of anything that is capable of both. 

Offline jaunty

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2015, 06:19:40 PM »
One of the things I'm interested in improving is having an activity during the evening hours. I was thinking of an "engineering challenge" ... build some sort of simple contraption to perform a task and have a contest...

some thoughts are:

1) launch glow-in-the-dark apples? (or other fruit) for distance or accuracy.
2) Most number of an object through an orifice in a certain amount of time.
3) largest weight moved by the smallest device.

etc..

Comments?

-Eric

Heres a few ideas:

1) the finest and most convenient cup of joe
2) Best method to stay warm in the evening
3) the most impressive light show

:laugh:

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2015, 06:09:35 PM »
I like some of those ideas for sure...

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2015, 06:11:13 PM »
Just a reminder... We will be going to the dunes so consider bringing a high-visibility flag and get a OHV tag. For those coming from out of state / country. Oregon recognizes current OHV permits from other jurisdictions.

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline darnold87

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2015, 10:38:36 AM »
Ok, I just ordered a pile of those LED string lights for camp. Should be fantastic! I got the multicolored with the remotes so we can make them flash and have a 'burning man' experience.

;)

-Eric

SAWEEEEEEEET!!!  :)
~Davey
'94 Suzuki Sidekick
'92 Suzuki Swift GT
'04 Lexus GX470

Offline darnold87

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2015, 11:03:26 AM »
REMEMBER WE HAVE OUR OWN GEOCACHE NEAR CAMP!?  Bring something cool to put in it this year!!!  :)

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC2JNCH_dont-take-our-spot?guid=3b486bc3-8e97-4529-8b92-72440aa34697

~Davey
'94 Suzuki Sidekick
'92 Suzuki Swift GT
'04 Lexus GX470

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2015, 02:37:51 PM »
Just added three more vehicles! Looks like a banner year... Don't forget your Orange flag and OHV permit if you want to do the dunes section of the adventure.

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online