Hello Guest

need help please on 88 SAMMY idling problem

• 3 Replies

Offline r23k4u

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
need help please on 88 SAMMY idling problem
« on: September 01, 2015, 06:16:30 AM »

Hey my friends its been awhile but I have a problem if my exp. guys can help please. I changed my valve cover, sparkplugs, cleaned out carb, rotor, etc. now before I had no idling problems at all, Now it revs over 3100rpm cold and hot. can anyone help? thanks a lot.

Online fordem

Re: need help please on 88 SAMMY idling problem
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 07:14:09 AM »
It might be an idea to let the guys know where you are - Samurais were fitted with different carbs depending on the market they were sold in - Hitachi electronic feedback carbs in the US market, and one or more Aisins in other markets.

If you have an Aisin check the linkages, there can be as many as four idle speed adjustments (hot idle, cold idle, electrical idle up, a/c idle up + HIC (hot idle compensator) and make sure the accelerator cable is not too tight.
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny

Offline Jonny Rash

• Too many Samurais, too little time
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 10:46:24 AM »
First, check your throttle cable to make sure that it is not binding.  You likely moved it when your replaced your valve cover gasket, and it might not be allowing the throttle to return to the idle position.

Second, check your vacuum lines.  Make sure that they are all hooked up to their assigned locations.

25+ years of Samurai ownership!

Offline r23k4u

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 11:26:43 AM »
Thank you both I will try that when I get home. YOU guys are great thanks again