Hello Guest

Rear Defroster Hookup - 1993 Tracker

• 1 Replies

Offline Z71Edge

Rear Defroster Hookup - 1993 Tracker
« on: September 24, 2015, 10:34:20 AM »
Hi guys, I picked up a used hardtop in really good shape for my Tracker. It has the builtin rear defroster, but didn't come with any kind of harness. So, after searching online, I figured out that my Tracker *might* have the factory harness installed behind the passenger rear tailight...Took it off, found nothing. I pulled the passenger rear panel off, nothing also. I did peak under the dash and found the factory green connector for the rear defogger switch, but it seems to end there. I picked up a factory switch off ebay and the switch works fine.

Now...did I search in all the correct places for the factory wiring? or is there somewhere else I should check? If not, can someone check there rig for me and tell me what wire off the switch that I need to tap into in order to provide power to the defroster? I would greatly appreciate any help on getting this going.

Thanks!
93 Tracker, 1.6L 5spd, 235's on stockers for now...

Offline ranger88den

Re: Rear Defroster Hookup - 1993 Tracker
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 10:27:13 AM »
I switched my hardtop to another Tracker but this was the rear defrost electric connection for the Bestop hardtop on this '95.  The ground bolts inside the taillight housing (see photos), and the 2 wire connection hot wire (red) connects to the factory wire (red/white stripe) connector.  Good luck.