Hello Guest

Tire Rack Swing

• 7 Replies

Offline Buttons83

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Tire Rack Swing
« on: September 26, 2015, 02:37:48 PM »
Hey, I'm new to the whole modding and upgrading things. I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find a swinging bumper tire rack like the one in the picture, or if (With modification) I could make an off road bumper fit for a jeep fit on an 89 sidekick 2dr. Also, would modifying a jeep bumper even be worth the work. I'm a noob with this, but have friends with welders. If anyone could help point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated as I feel I'm just spinning my wheels and not getting anywhere.

Offline nprecon

• ONWARD... through the fog!
Re: Tire Rack Swing
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 06:22:16 PM »
Calmini markets a bumper like that for $639.

https://www.calmini.com/detail.php?b=2&m=5&t=6&p=739&n=

Could you fabricate one or have one fabricated?  Yes.  Could you adapt a bumper from another vehicle to your vehicle?  Yes.  Especially if you have buddies with the required skills who would help with the fabrication and welding for a six pack and a pizza.

Here's a pic of one on a Jeep.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 06:24:59 PM by nprecon »
'02 Chezuki Tracker with a 2 Liter and 5spd.  It works for me!!!

Offline Buttons83

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 12:59:43 PM »
Awesome. Thanks lol, I'm sorry for the lack-luster terminology, I'm brand new to the offroading world.

Offline nprecon

• ONWARD... through the fog!
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 03:50:12 PM »
Awesome. Thanks lol, I'm sorry for the lack-luster terminology, I'm brand new to the offroading world.

LOL!  Who cares?  As long as we can figure out we mean or intend, it doesn't really matter.  What should matter to you though is picking up some beer and have the pizza guy on your speed dial!  It would be totally worth it for the experienced assistance your buds could provide you.  They could look at it as a bonding moment!  It would be free beer!

Then just go have fun with your truck and be safe while you are doing it.

Welcome to the forum, OBTW.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 02:51:20 PM by nprecon »
'02 Chezuki Tracker with a 2 Liter and 5spd.  It works for me!!!

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 12:42:31 PM »
There are tire swing kits out there that have the spindle and bearings with the sleeve.  So fabbing one just got easier. 
And the tire swing can be linked to the door so both swing using only the door latch as disconnector.
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline Thirty-Nine

• Subcompact Culture
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 09:55:17 AM »
The Calmini rear swing-away tire carrier requires a body lift to work, however. :(

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 12:19:51 PM »
The Calmini rear swing-away tire carrier requires a body lift to work, however. :(

But modifying the mounting brackets is a lot easier than a whole bumper, if you like that design.

Just a thought. :)

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline yuri

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2015, 08:58:20 AM »