Hello Guest

1994 tracker hardtop

• 2 Replies

Offline tom434

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
1994 tracker hardtop
« on: October 04, 2015, 01:48:34 PM »
This one has been down awhile it would seem some really mess up the area where the a/c compressor mount goes chewed up the mounting holes bad. Is there anyway to repair this or am i looking at a new head or maybe easier convert to non ac?

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
Re: 1994 tracker hardtop
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 03:51:23 PM »
You could always drill the holes and use a metric thread insert.
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline BRD HNTR

Re: 1994 tracker hardtop
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 05:49:01 PM »
This one has been down awhile it would seem some really mess up the area where the a/c compressor mount goes chewed up the mounting holes bad. Is there anyway to repair this or am i looking at a new head or maybe easier convert to non ac?
YES, to all the above.  It can be repaired, converted to non A/C, or go ahead and buy a new head.  (Nothing is to difficult for those who don't have to do it.) 

It would be easier to discuss intelligently if I knew what you are talking about (year make model?? PHOTO'S?)  I like the Helicoil that Bentparts mentioned, also you could just drill out to next size and run a tap through the holes.  Or do a non A/C conversion, which may be a poor choice depending on where you are, and how you use your vehicle. 

Not to be a Grump, but information is what is needed to help you.  If your avatar says Washigton state, I'm really interested in finding information to assist you, because you are close and may know more wheeling places to go.  If it says 95 Tracker, I do know a few things about those and may be able to help.  (Now a Samurai, I leave to those who have played with them.)  I could tell you that I have two heads in my scrap metal bin you can have, but then if you are half way across the country, or running a 1.3 L motor, my 2.7 L heads are not much good.  More information, more better results.

Hey BENTPARTS, good to see you still lurking around.  I am still waiting to hear that you are heading this side of the continental divide. 
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.