New Article: Around the West in 95 Horsepower --- Imogene Pass

• 2 Replies

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
New Article: Around the West in 95 Horsepower --- Imogene Pass
« on: November 26, 2015, 11:30:33 AM »
Another great article from Andy...

After our first night in Ouray, Colorado, we’d stay in the area and visit some of the historic off-road trails of the San Juan Mountains, specifically, Imogene Pass—the second highest place you can drive to in Colorado. I was totally stoked, a tad bit nervous, and extremely excited to share this with Mercedes. I had run this exact route almost a year ago to the day and vowed to make it back in my own rig and with her—but little did I know I’d be back here so soon.

more...
http://www2.zukiworld.com/around-the-west-in-95-horsepower-imogene-pass/
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline WVzuk

Re: New Article: Around the West in 95 Horsepower --- Imogene Pass
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 06:55:52 PM »
Nice write up.  Nice Zuk! That is beautiful scenery!  Sounds like your Zuk was wheezing a bit.  How was your breathing?  I've never been above 6k feet and often wonder what the higher elevations feel like.
1994 4dr Sidekick: 3inch Zukination lift, 30x9.50 mud tires, snorkel, ARB rear locker, homemade bumpers

Offline Thirty-Nine

• Subcompact Culture
Re: New Article: Around the West in 95 Horsepower --- Imogene Pass
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 12:58:08 PM »
Nice write up.  Nice Zuk! That is beautiful scenery!  Sounds like your Zuk was wheezing a bit.  How was your breathing?  I've never been above 6k feet and often wonder what the higher elevations feel like.

Thanks! The Zuk was wheezing a bit at 13,000 ft. Needed every last ounce of giddyup! Our breathing was ok, but we weren't doing much running or lifting!

The key to really high elevations is drink water, drink more water, and just when you think you can't drink any more water ... drink more water.

- Andy