Hello Guest

Emissions?

• 3 Replies

Offline ruderegime

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Emissions?
« on: February 14, 2016, 02:33:10 PM »
I'm thinking of buying a 87 Samurai. The gentleman who currently owns it is a mechanic, and he told me that the vacuum line's (pvc?) Are disconnected from the previous owner. He also doesn't know if it will pass emissions because where he lives it's not required, but where I live it is required. What do u guys think? Will it pass? He has it running good, new timing belt, he readjusted the valves.

Offline sjsamurai

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Re: Emissions?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 02:42:05 PM »
Since the seller is a mechanic, I'd pay extra $200 to have him fix and smog it. Getting smog can be as easy as plugging in a few hoses to replacing the entire exhaust and more. If it hasn't been smogged, how does he know plugging a couple of hoses will do the job?

Offline ruderegime

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 03:05:29 PM »
He doesn't know if plugging in those houses will pass emissions he doesn't know if it passes as is. He's just trying to be honest before he sells me the vehicle and I think its in great condition

Offline ruderegime

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 03:08:16 PM »
He's also a little older gentleman who is a retired mechanic and he said he would need the wiring diagram for that Fix but I think I'm going to buy it regardless and if he can't fix that I could possibly take it to someone else to get that fixed cuz I wouldn't know how to fix that