Hello Guest

Odd question

• 3 Replies

Offline Datsunguy

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Odd question
« on: May 02, 2016, 07:22:30 PM »
Hi. A couple weeks ago I found a Suzuki Samurai in a yard. I spoke to the owner and he said he didn't remember the year. He was about to leave for church so I didn't have time to pop the hood to see if it was fuel injected. I googled if the side decals could hint about what year model it is, but I never could find a straight answer. Do they? And also, I searched google images for a samurai with the same decals, but I couldn't find one. This samurai has an SSS decal low on the door and a pin stripe running through it all the way down to he side. Is this original?

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
Re: Odd question
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 03:05:22 PM »
Any chance you took a look at the dash?  Did it have square or round vents?
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline Datsunguy

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 04:07:26 PM »
Any chance you took a look at the dash?  Did it have square or round vents?

Nope, didn't think to check...but I can the next time I'm through there. What years did they indicate?

Offline Skyhiranger

• I don't buy, what I can build
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 06:49:39 PM »
There are no decals I am aware of, that indicate whether or not it is EFI or specifically what year it is.
The SSS decal doesn't sound like it is factory.
All EFI samurais have square vent dashes, but not all square vent dashes are EFI.
It is pretty simple to tell whether or not the samurai is EFI, by looking at the engine (although, the samurai throttle body injection looks like a carb to some people ::) ).
Another way to determine the year is to look at the VIN and run it through a free online VIN decoder. The VIN is stamped on the outside of the frame, behind the right front tire and also on a plate on the drivers end of the dash. There should also be another plate either on the end of the dash or on the drivers side kick panel that indicates the build date (month/year). From that you can also determine what model year it is (note, that the build "year" doesn't always indicate the model year).
Tracker and Sidekick parts for sale.....PM me with your wants/needs.