Hello Guest

1995 Suzuki Sidekick JX 4 door...will and wont start?

• 2 Replies

Offline gunsmoke44

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
1995 Suzuki Sidekick JX 4 door...will and wont start?
« on: May 03, 2016, 05:30:50 AM »
First off I want to say I haven't been on here too long but the advice I got last time was Dead on and thanks to everyone that helped.... My 95 sidekick was running fine I pulled it under the carport cut it off( been raining cats and dogs for 3 days it was actually left out all day that day)... Went back the next morning and would not start... I sprayed a little ether and it acted like it wanted to start first thing that popped into my mind was fuel pump.... I was loaded down was some other work I had to do and couldn't fool with it but for 2 days I went out and tried to start with no luck... At this point it's still raining... Yesterday evening when I got home just for giggles I hit the switch first crank it fired up( at this point it has been dried some time with sun and 70 degrees).. I tried it several times  that evening and fired without a hitch started right up... Started raining again last night very heavy went back out this morning  and nothing ...... I've read a little bit and have heard the electrical problems that some people have just curious if anybody else has experienced this... all fuses are good and getting fire

Offline motofabio

• 87 Samurai JX TinTop
Re: 1995 Suzuki Sidekick JX 4 door...will and wont start?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 10:10:05 AM »
When it's not starting, does it crank and just not turn over, or is it a totally dead key?

Just a guess, but maybe the housing on the distributor cap isn't sealing well, allowing humidity to collect and prevent it from turning over. ???

If it's a totally dead key, I would check the battery terminals and connectors to ensure they are all clean and tight. The rain could be a coincidence.

Offline gunsmoke44

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Re: 1995 Suzuki Sidekick JX 4 door...will and wont start?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 03:26:21 PM »
Hey man how are you thanks for responding... It turns over just fine it just won't start LOL I went to check it again when I got home but of course we've had monsoons the last half of the day LOL I will check the cap and rotor to make sure there's no moisture