Hello Guest

1986 Samurai w/ 1.6L conversion

• 0 Replies

Offline JohnJohn256

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
1986 Samurai w/ 1.6L conversion
« on: June 06, 2016, 06:55:02 PM »
Hey All,
I've been creeping on Samurais for a couple years now and I finally pulled the trigger on getting my own. Picked up a 1986 with a 1.6L conversion. It ran a tad rough when I got it and it would die if I clutched and came to quick stop at a stop sign. I have been spoiled with newer vehicles so I haven't had much opportunity since I wrenched on Ranger 4 banger years back. (which still was fuel injected) So I am trying to get back in the swing of things maintenance wise.

I decided to start with a service manual and the carburetor which didn't get me far at all. I ended up finding a Weber 32/36 rebuild guide on here somewhere. So here's my issue. I rebuilt the carb with the gaskets and seals in the kit, cleaned the whole sucker out, put it back in and it still has the same problem when coming to a stop. On top of that I can't set the idle to save my life. The part number on my weber carb reads 32 DGAV E5. Literally the only procedures I can find for tuning are for 32/36 DGAV carbs. I went to start with the mixture screw and there wasn't one in the carb, ordered one and it doesn't go in, theres a hole for it but it is blocked off. Thought that was peculiar. The only way I can set idle is with the throttle screw which sets it a tad too high and the RPMs are very inconsistent. When i drop her down to about 800-900 at idle its on the verge of dying and will do just that when i blip the throttle.

So I am at a loss about the carburetor model, I can't find anything specific about the model. The closest i can find is 32/26 DGAV which appears to have some differences. Long winded I know, if you made it through I appreciate it.