• 24 Replies

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
ZUKIWORLD ZUKFARI - Last One Over Adventure - 2017
« on: August 27, 2016, 11:23:23 AM »
Hello Adventure Enthusiasts!
ZUKIWORLD ZUKFARI - Last One Over Adventure - JUNE 30 - JULY 5, 2017
Upcoming Event! You too can be on an expedition to the most beautiful place in America

Last One Over, Overland adventure in Idaho, Utah, and Wyoming culminating at the border convergence of all three states. Plan to see, Atomic City and EBR-1 (The first Nuclear Power plant), Minnetonka cave, Lava Hot Springs, Soda Springs Geyser, Bear Lake, Napoleon Dynamite's Movie house, Jackson Hole, Teton National Park.

Background: Over the years, we have went on adventures where the itinerary and the goal was not all too structured and not the point. We’ve been fortunate and have found some amazing things out there. Awhile back we stumbled on the idea to hit the border convergence of three states. The first one we did was the California, Nevada and Oregon Borders.. That trip was such a fun success we carried on with creating another event following the same Latitude and culminating at the Idaho, Nevada, Oregon border. This trip… is the next one over which is the convergence of Idaho, Utah, and Wyoming

About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 12:55:54 PM by ebewley »
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
Re: ZUKIWORLD ZUKFARI - Last One Over Adventure - 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 12:57:11 PM »
Very excited for this adventure as there are so many unique and exciting things to see...

Let's start finalizing plans...

Comments, Questions?

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 11:41:39 AM »
BZZZZT

e-leck-trix-ity
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline Paul Leapaldt

• The Phoenix
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 05:25:34 PM »
Can a tired 1995 Sidekick with 175k miles on it make this trip?

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 03:15:33 PM »
Hi Paul, it'd be best to have you read through the other "ANOTHER ONE OVER" adventures and make the call yourself. I think road worthyness is important. The speed limit is 80 in Idaho so that may be a consideration for you as well.

Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline mverley

• SPACE JUNK
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 05:48:27 PM »
I'm getting excited for this one!  The "another one over" trip was one of my favorite overlanding adventures...this one is sure to be just as exciting! 

https://youtu.be/qQFW6diL86s
My rig is a fusion of Jazz and Funk; I call it JUNK

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 08:58:15 PM »
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline Tortis

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 07:38:30 AM »
I"m planning on making it, coming from Southern Utah in my '99 Grand Vitara, "Puff".  I'm putting together the car camping gear (Tent, cooler, cot, etc.)

Eric, have you decided whether this will be "Base Camp" or "Wagon Train" style?  I'm good with either choice, but may pack a little different for each type.

I'm looking forward to doing some "Back Country Discovery" with you again, it's been about 14 years since the last time, I think.

Gil "Meach4x4"

'99 Grand Vitara, OME Springs, 31" Duratracs, Steel Diff Housings and Carriers, 5.12 Gears, Manual Hubs, Home made bumpers and sliders.

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 06:44:28 PM »
Hey Gil - So glad you are coming along... I'm working out two route scenarios to see which works best for seeing the most and timing.

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline Tortis

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 11:03:26 PM »
I spent some time looking at Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming topos to check out routes to the 3 corners area.  It looks like the most direct one is coming in from the Cokeville airport headed south, then head NW up Christy Canyon road.  In Christy Canyon, it looks like there is a short spur road that goes to within .5 miles of the corners area.  Elevation at the marker is about 7,050 feet, so hopefully all the snow is melted by the end of this month (or at least enough to allow us to drive up the road.  Other ways in, from the South or from the West, do some pretty high exposed ridges.

As far as the rendezvous point and time, as soon as you have a route figured out, let me know.  I will either come up from Logan through Cache valley,  or (more likely) come up 15 to west of Burley to catch I-80.  Let me know as soon as you have a route and ETA so I can figure out when I need to leave St. George and head north.  "Puff" is in the paint shop right now, and will be back around the 20th to 23rd time frame. My tentative date to leave is June 30th.

Do you typically rely on CB, HAM, or just phone for communications?

Gil
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 11:20:16 PM by Tortis »

Offline Tortis

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 11:54:59 PM »
Not sure if I can post an external link, but here is the google earth shot of the destination:

https://earth.google.com/web/|removethispart|@42.00066357,-111.04759204,2115.66665726a,801.7090826d,35y,91.58922593h,45.00025902t,-0r/data=CjoaOBIyCgAZNmj5yzgARUAhXrpJDALDW8AqHDQywrAwMCcwNi4yIk4gMTExwrAwMic0OS4yIlcYAiAB

Gil

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2017, 03:19:57 PM »
Hey Gil - we'll use the MURS channels on FM radios...

Here' they are: 

151.820 MHz   11.25 kHz
151.880 MHz   11.25 kHz
151.940 MHz   11.25 kHz
154.570 MHz (also part of business band)   20.00 kHz
154.600 MHz (also part of business band)   20.00 kHz

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2017, 03:35:44 PM »
The map is embedded here:

http://www2.zukiworld.com/last-one-over-overland-adventure-in-idaho-utah-and-wyoming/

If you're reading this and think, "hey that'd be cool" come join us! It is going to be cool.

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline mverley

• SPACE JUNK
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2017, 10:04:19 PM »
Friday nights camp is almost 800 miles from home for me, so I will likely head that direction on Thursday.  Ontario might make for a good first nights goal.
My rig is a fusion of Jazz and Funk; I call it JUNK

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2017, 08:14:24 AM »
Yep, this one is definitely 'over' for us too... I think we'll try and make one day to the rally point at Promontory Point monument.

Don't peak at the rockets as you go by. :)

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online