Hello Guest

2002 Tracker Igniton Problems?

• 1 Replies

2002 Tracker Igniton Problems?
« on: September 18, 2016, 05:40:21 AM »
hey guys my 2002 Tracker LTX 4 dr 2.0 liter Automatic, will not turn over with the key, I have some power to the dash, wipers, etc. But nothing to the starter or fuel pump. I removed the Ignition Switch swapped it out with one that works off a buddys. Now it will turn over but still no power to fuel pump. We jumped power directly to the fuel pump and that ran right away, still wont start though, no spark I guess. Now I am thinking computer issue? Hoping someone else had the issue and can help me out with a solution before I start throwing money all over it.

Online fordem

Re: 2002 Tracker Igniton Problems?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 10:13:38 AM »
Your fuel pump isn't running, what controls it?  The ECU - the ECU also controls injection & spark, chances are if it's not turning the pump on, it's also not powering up the rest of the injection/ignition system.  Is the ECU itself getting power (does the check engine light come on when you turn the key on)?

Have you checked the fuses?  The ECU controls two relays, one switches power to the entire injection/ignition system, including the pump, the second switches the pump itself on/off, either one could be at fault.

Do you have a meter or at least a 12V test light?  You're going to need one to do any sort of electrical diagnosis.

Manuals for the 2.0 Suzuki version of the vehicle are available over at www.suzuki-forums.com.

By the way - the quickest test for "spark-or-fuel" is to spray starting fluid into the intake (or pour a tiny amount of gasoline) whilst cranking, if the engine starts & runs it has spark, but no fuel.
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny