Hello Guest

1988 Samurai IS SOLD!

• 1 Replies

Offline G-Dub

1988 Samurai IS SOLD!
« on: September 22, 2016, 01:11:16 PM »
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD!

I have a 1988 Samurai that I just don't have time to put together the way I had planned.  It is in decent shape and I have purchased tons of upgrade parts that haven't been installed, yet.  This is your chance to build the ultimate Samurai for a fraction of what it would cost to go and purchase the parts yourself. 
We'll start with the Samurai:
1988 Samurai with stock 1300cc engine that has a new Weber carb, Doug Thorley header, Flowmaster muffler and new, custom built exhaust.  Also has a newer catalytic converter.  Leaks oil from the pan due to a few stripped bolts but runs great and sounds good.  I drove it for 2 years and just watched the oil level.  If you want to keep running the stock engine you'll need to pull it and use some thread inserts to repair it.
The body is in decent shape, the hood needs body work or replacement and the paint job was done in a garage by the kid I bought it from and it sucks but it keeps the rust away.  I have added diamond plate aluminum panels to the rear corners, rockers and the door sills (parts from Low Range Off-Road)  The dash is stock, but has some cheap gauges in the three vents in the center of the dash.  The heater blows but the core must be either clogged or just have leaves and debris on top of it.  There is a new heat control valve and a new heater core in the included pile of parts to restore heat function.
I have added:
Garvin roof rack system
new 8" black steel wheels (5) with Cooper all-terrain tires (including spare)
decent Dodge Neon seats,
Pioneer stereo with Pioneer speakers in kick panels and in pods at the base of the roll bar
Grant GT steering wheel
metal stereo mount
Cobra CB
Tuffy metal security console
new headlights with LED turn and park lights
new horns
new shocks
GM alternator conversion with a new 90 amp GM alternator, will swap to the Sidekick engine
Front and rear rock crawler bumpers
6,000 lb. winch on front (unused and not connected to power) (has remote) 
front license plate flips down to expose winch fairlead
rear license plate & light relocated to spare tire
newer soft top with zip out side windows
fold down windshield kit
Mudbuster extended fender flares
also has an electric fuel pump mounted back by the fuel tank
Harbor Freight tow bar with custom connectors to attach to the front bumper at the shackle mount tabs

Now, for the fun stuff.  Almost all of these parts were ordered from Low Range Off-Road in Utah.  They are a top-notch company and sell most of the best items that are made to get your Sammy up in the air and out on the trails and rocks.  The new parts include:
Spring over Axle kit (weld-on style)
Over the top steering kit
Power Steering Conversion
Rear Shock Mount Relocating kit
1" body lift kit (to clear Sidekick engine exhaust)
New Radiator
Electric fan conversion and custom aluminum mount for fan to radiator
New Heavy Duty Tie Rods with Toyota ball joints
Tube Doors
Bikini top

and then more fun stuff:

Suzuki Sidekick 16 valve fuel injected engine with stand alone wiring harness.  Has about 87k miles on it,  I bought it from a guy that was running it in his rock crawler (he switched to V-8 power).  It runs perfectly, has new timing belt installed  and will make the Samurai into the ultimate trail runner.  (you will need to plumb in a return fuel line from the engine to the fuel tank so the fuel injection will regulate properly)
There is also an included adapter plate to connect the engine to the Sammy transmission.  There is a spare transmission included, although the one in it is in perfect shape and shifts very smoothly.

Brand New Doug Thorley header for the Sidekick engine

I've got the back seat and attachment hardware for it along with the support bars that span from the windshield back to the roll bar.

If you put all of this together and add your own 31" tires, you'll have one hell of a fun machine that is fixable and affordable.

I'm sure I've forgotten a few items, but you get the picture.  I was going to build a trail runner to take up to Colorado and explore the wonderful terrain, but my wife HATED the Sammy.  I can't make her love it so I'm selling it to get something she'll like.  Happy wife = happy life.  I purchased the best parts I could find to make the conversion as this was to be my toy and needed to be reliable enough to get me back to civilization once the exploring was done.  This will make someone a great winter project and will be a great machine once it is finished.  Also, this will be the deal of the century as I am going to sell you the Samurai and basically give you all of the parts.  If you want to drive it before you pay me, I'll get a new battery for it and start it right up for you, but you'll have to convince me that you are serious about buying before you even get to turn the key.   
I will provide photos on request and will answer any and all questions as I can, I do have a job and will have to do all correspondence in the evening.

This Samurai and all of it's parts are for sale for $2750.00 (firm) and you must come and get it.  No financing, no trades, no bullcrap.  It can be flat-towed behind anything with a 2' hitch ball, but you'll need a pickup or a van in order to take the engine, transmission and all of the boxes of parts (which I'll help you load).  I'll even throw in a set of magnetic tow lights to get it home safely.  I will not separate the parts and the Sammy, so don't ask, it all goes as one whole lot.  I am located in the western Texas Panhandle about 30 miles off of I-40.

Message me here on the forum or email me at gregsmail67|removethispart||removethispart|@gmail.com and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.  I hope one of you out there can take advantage of this deal and put a great little machine out on the trails where it belongs.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 10:27:20 AM by G-Dub »

Offline yadder.mejia

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
That's a lot of crap! (In a good way) I don't see your tube doors... sell them to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk