Hello Guest

Strengthen the offensive rather than defense

• 0 Replies

Offline xgw01

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Strengthen the offensive rather than defense
« on: October 18, 2016, 07:04:23 PM »
After Sandoval's signing at UNLV on Monday made it official, Raiders owner Mark Davis, who Wholesale Seattle Seahawks jerseys was in attendance, headed for Houston and the NFL fall league meetings today and Wednesday. Davis will not apply for relocation there; rather, he is supposed to merely give an update on the Raiders' stadium situation. And with this week's developments in Nevada, he can continue Tampa Bay Buccaneers jerseys to lay the groundwork for formally requesting relocation at the league meetings in January, where the Raiders would need 24 of 32 votes to become the Las Vegas Raiders.

Indeed, a week after dropping from No. 9 to No. 12 following a white-knuckle victory over the San Diego Chargers, the Raiders fell a mere two spots in our ESPN Power Rankings to No. 14 following a 26-10 thumping by the Kansas City Chiefs.

That’s just who things roll around here... how else to explain the New England Patriots leapfrogging the idle-and-undefeated Minnesota Vikings? And yes, I know all about the analytics of our power rankings being based on head-to-head matchups, but that leaves more than a few observers feeling, well, deflated. But I digress...

Because while the Raiders are indeed 4-2 and tied with the Denver Broncos atop the AFC West, San Diego Chargers jerseys “To be San Francisco 49ers jerseys 5-1 or 4-2,” receiver Andre Holmes mused, “5-1 sounds a lot better than 4-2.”

And therein lays the issue for the Raiders, who blew a shot at taking control of the division by falling to the Chiefs. But more than that, in how they lost in such complete fashion. It was a day in which the defense did what the defense does -- gives up huge chunks of yards and points by the bushel -- and the offense could not bail it out.

“We have a real good team,” Raiders coach Jack Del Rio said in his weekly media conference on Monday. “Had a bad day yesterday. What’s most important -- win or lose -- what’s most important is how you get past the last one and get on to the next one.

OK, so, if the Oakland Raiders dropped three spots following a win, surely a loss would damage them more, no? Um, no, and don’t call me Shirley. (Watch "Airplane!", kids).

“We’re going to ask each guy, every player, every coach, to do something, do one thing better this week than you did last week... get back to work and I expect to be better. This is a group I believe in. I believe we have a good group of men really committed to helping this organization being really strong. So, I’m looking forward to getting back to work. Can’t dismiss the fact that yesterday didn’t go the way we wanted.”