Hello Guest

1.6 Swap Injecton problem

• 25 Replies

Online fordem

Re: 1.6 Swap Injecton problem
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2017, 10:02:32 AM »
www.rhinopower.org

Rhinoman is perhaps the person with the most experience & knowledge on Suzuki EFI systems, he runs his own forum, why not seek his help.
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny

Offline LOE92

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2017, 08:13:41 AM »
Thank you very much!!!!!

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2017, 08:29:47 AM »
Understood,

In these days i tested fuel pressure (Stuck on 2.7 Bar), regulate the tps sensor and i retarded the ignition timing, The car runs better, but i have always a big hesitation  at low rpm when the engine is hot, and tonight the car had a very unstable idle, it jumped to 1500 rpm to 500 rmp a lot.

The isc valve since i start the first time this engine is unbeliveble noisy, it's seems to have a guy hidden in the engine bay, that fires a machine-gun all time,
I don't know if is normal, and i am not sure if this component can causing strumble or hesitation if is malfunctionig.

This saturday i will try to dismount completely the tbi and all compoents to see if i can find something wrong....

I tried to replace all tbi gaskets still doesn't working.... It remains the ECU and the injector.....

It is tough following both of your threads, because your problem is the motor swap which created both issues and they effect each other.
When I had the 8V in my tracker, it developed a very noisy solenoid and had idle issues.  Not having another solenoid at the time I disconnected it to see if how it ran w/o the machine gun.  It ran fine and was still disconnected when I sold motor & ECU.  You might try disconnecting it.
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline LOE92

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2017, 01:03:35 PM »
Understood,

In these days i tested fuel pressure (Stuck on 2.7 Bar), regulate the tps sensor and i retarded the ignition timing, The car runs better, but i have always a big hesitation  at low rpm when the engine is hot, and tonight the car had a very unstable idle, it jumped to 1500 rpm to 500 rmp a lot.

The isc valve since i start the first time this engine is unbeliveble noisy, it's seems to have a guy hidden in the engine bay, that fires a machine-gun all time,
I don't know if is normal, and i am not sure if this component can causing strumble or hesitation if is malfunctionig.

This saturday i will try to dismount completely the tbi and all compoents to see if i can find something wrong....

I tried to replace all tbi gaskets still doesn't working.... It remains the ECU and the injector.....

It is tough following both of your threads, because your problem is the motor swap which created both issues and they effect each other.
When I had the 8V in my tracker, it developed a very noisy solenoid and had idle issues.  Not having another solenoid at the time I disconnected it to see if how it ran w/o the machine gun.  It ran fine and was still disconnected when I sold motor & ECU.  You might try disconnecting it.

I forgot to tell that after i put the 1.6 ecu the rattling on the solenoid is gone away, probably the cause of this malfunctioning was the 1.3 ecu that was actuating the idle solenoind in a different way.

It still remains the big problem that if i didn't disconnect the Water Temperature Sensor the car have a big hesitation if i quicky open the throttle.

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 04:43:43 PM »
I had to slightly advance the timing on my 1996 1.6L due to a hesitation about 2500 rpms.  It only happened with the JDM motor, the stock one never behaved like that.
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline LOE92

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2017, 08:38:40 AM »
I had to slightly advance the timing on my 1996 1.6L due to a hesitation about 2500 rpms.  It only happened with the JDM motor, the stock one never behaved like that.

What you mean with JDM motor? Did you change the engine?

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2017, 10:58:10 AM »
What you mean with JDM motor? Did you change the engine?

Japanese Domestic Market.  I bought one on-line from Japan that was a 'low mile' motor.  Worked well enough, just never quite as well as the original power plant.
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline LOE92

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2017, 10:24:25 AM »
Ah ok

Offline sidekickyc

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2017, 12:23:54 PM »
Loe92, Hope you post any additional work or replacements done on this vehicle.

Thanks for working out this problem on forum.

Richard

Offline LOE92

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2017, 11:33:08 AM »
Loe92, Hope you post any additional work or replacements done on this vehicle.

Thanks for working out this problem on forum.

Richard

Next Step is Distributor, Ignition Coil and 1.6 wireness.

Let's hope Well....

Offline LOE92

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2017, 01:13:55 PM »
Probably my car had just a bad Fuel Problem, or the injector was clogged and now is clean, anyway my car now is working perfectly.

hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!