Hello Guest

From 1.3 EFI to toyota 2000cc diesel

• 2 Replies

Offline noman8ff

From 1.3 EFI to toyota 2000cc diesel
« on: December 07, 2016, 10:47:45 AM »
I have this modified lwb 1.3 efi manual jimny and want to go for a diesel swap. Here in pakistan, we do not have the wv diesels and the only options available are the 1.8 1C or 2.0 2C toyota diesels. My question is that will there be any negative effect of engine weight on the overall drive especially in offroading in sand and slush as the diesels are a bit heavier. I believe the stock 1.3 is around 80/ 90 kgs where as the diesels are almost double the size.

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
Re: From 1.3 EFI to toyota 2000cc diesel
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 02:37:47 PM »
I'm afraid we don't see many smaller Toyota Diesels like that here in NA so our experience would be limited. (maybe some of the European ZWO know?) One thing I would caution on though is to be mindful of the RPM range of the diesel you select vs. the Suzuki engine... Be mindful not to install an engine that can not rev enough to get you good highway driving.

would you take pictures of your rig and share with us? I'd love to see it and see what kind of difference there are to what we have here?

Thanks and good luck with your swap! -Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
Re: From 1.3 EFI to toyota 2000cc diesel
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 03:45:13 PM »
On the plus side if you can find a 2wd transmission you can probably get a driveshaft made to bolt it up to the stock SJ-413 t-case.  It would make the swap a lot easier.
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing