Hello Guest

Adventure ideas for 2017 - YOUR INPUT NEEDED!

• 47 Replies

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
Adventure ideas for 2017 - YOUR INPUT NEEDED!
« on: December 10, 2016, 09:32:44 AM »
Hello All - We've been thinking about new and exciting things to do with our Suzuki next year and have some ideas but also want to hear from you! Please chime in with event and activities you'd like to see and would possibly attend. Thinking of this as a 'brainstorm' session so any idea is a good one... really!

To seed the discussion:

1. Events for next year like 'another one over' this time the final leg which will have us exploring SE Idaho, NE Utah, and W Wyoming...

2. Suzuki Saturdays - local run every second Saturday of the month (the first 'group' of these would center around us in Oregon but could be taken up and done anywhere really)

3. Retool the ZUKIWORLD Challenge to make it a rally. Really loose GPS Navigation style rally with fun things to see and do, prizes and party/camp at the end. (Think Gambler 500 style)

Those are just some examples... What do you think?

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline beagle..t

Re: Adventure ideas for 2017 - YOUR INPUT NEEDED!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 09:40:56 AM »
poker run is fun
new rig aka "the mule" 2002 tracker
V6 swap auto  ,2 dr ,2" BL,2" jeffs kit 512 gears warn hubs and 30/9.5/15 BFG AT

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 09:42:10 AM »
poker run is fun

Definitely! Have you done one in the past that you really liked? What things did you like?

Thanks for participating...

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 10:24:49 AM »
I would enjoy a multi day overland expedition, whether high desert, desert or mountain either would be fun. But enter the trail on day 1 and don't come out for 3 or 4 days. preferably exiting in a different location than entering.

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 10:26:30 AM »
I would enjoy a multi day overland expedition, whether high desert, desert or mountain either would be fun. But enter the trail on day 1 and don't come out for 3 or 4 days. preferably exiting in a different location than entering.

We'll definitely be doing that next June-ish with the 'last one over adventure' (see #1 on brainstorm seeds list) .. could you do that one? Would something else be more appealing?

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline mverley

• SPACE JUNK
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 05:26:45 PM »
OBCDR route 3?
My rig is a fusion of Jazz and Funk; I call it JUNK

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 06:55:56 PM »
OBCDR route 3?

Interesting,  do you have more details?

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline mverley

• SPACE JUNK
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 08:20:49 AM »
OBCDR route 3?

Interesting,  do you have more details?

-Eric

Have you done route 3?  It is my favorite...from Big Lake near Hoodoo all the way down to CA. 
Views of crater lake and cascade peaks, and numerous lakes.  It is a few hundred miles; a 2 day trip with some pushing, an easy 3 day trip. 
http://www.oohva.org/OBCDR/route3.html
The last time I drove the route was almost 10 years ago. 
Attached the GPX file from GPSXchange from a guy who recently completed the trip. 

My rig is a fusion of Jazz and Funk; I call it JUNK

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 05:57:27 PM »
You know, I haven't done that one... It could be a good possibility for a long weekend trip. Probably easy to drop off the trail and stay in a motel if so inclined too???

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 04:43:36 PM »
I like the idea of a GPS guided rally.

There was a guy from Russia on here a few years ago, they used cell phone pictures to verify that you made it to each point on the rally.

One of the things we did at the Team Trophy Challenge was a GPS Scavenger hunt.  You had a set of coordinates and had to locate the bucket to mark your punch-card.  3 locations per GPS, with other ones being 300 yards in X direction and a time limit to get all of them and back to the base.  It was a lot of fun.
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2016, 05:52:26 PM »
I'm definitely thinking of doing the 'gps rally' with the pic of your rig at each location as proof. Could do it like a poker run so that time isn't an issue... more places you were the better 'hand' you get for winning prizes...

maybe something like that?

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2016, 02:41:02 PM »
Either way it would be a lot of fun.  :D
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline beagle..t

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2016, 06:07:07 PM »
hey eric I've been talking with zuki guys BC Suzuki club on FB up here in BC and they are holding a event Aug 5 in British Columbia  and I mentioned a whipsaw wheel weekend and they said that they would love to help me with this  event full weekend trip so that us Canadians can show southern neighbors some nice country of the north. all I need is a date and I will try to set a date with them for a whipsaw  run and go from there
new rig aka "the mule" 2002 tracker
V6 swap auto  ,2 dr ,2" BL,2" jeffs kit 512 gears warn hubs and 30/9.5/15 BFG AT

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2016, 10:06:04 AM »
hey eric I've been talking with zuki guys BC Suzuki club on FB up here in BC and they are holding a event Aug 5 in British Columbia  and I mentioned a whipsaw wheel weekend and they said that they would love to help me with this  event full weekend trip so that us Canadians can show southern neighbors some nice country of the north. all I need is a date and I will try to set a date with them for a whipsaw  run and go from there

Thus would be great! Let me check schedules and logistics... do you have a general address, town, or coordinates that the bulk of the activities would be centered around?

Yay!

Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline CoolMooseMan

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2016, 12:14:22 PM »
Not just Suzukis, but I am going to Moab with a good group of guys from Portland, OR for 7 days. Anyone is welcome to join! Leaving early on October 6th, 2017 coming back October 13th, 2017.