Hello Guest

Samurai vs Tracker

• 1 Replies

Offline Beagler

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Samurai vs Tracker
« on: January 02, 2017, 02:50:06 PM »
OK folks looking for opinions. I had a side by side but sold it. I am wanting something that I can run up and down gravel roads legally in as well as light off-roading. My off-roading will be more mud than anything else. Not heavy missing but taking my hunting dogs out to run them. I want something I can haul my grandson in. He loves to ride. I love the looks and size of the Smurai but the Track/Kick looks more functional.  Which one do y'all like best and why. Sell me on your opinion. I only have about 3000 for my initial investment. Thanks,
Beagler

Offline erik the red

• Cascade Adventure Guides
Re: Samurai vs Tracker
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 11:58:39 AM »
I have both, and love them for different reasons. The Sami's (I have a SPOA tin top and a SPUA soft top) are small machines, until modded, that are greatly capable for light to medium offroad bone stock. For mud purposes, I would probably consider a T-case gearing upgrade, some armor, and a small lift, in addition to some AT or MT tires. If you pull out the backseat you should be able to have the dogs in the "back"  ;D, and still have room upfront for your grandson. The Samurai's are better wheelers, due to the lower gearing and host of aftermarket upgrades, in my opinion. The downside for me is that my kids are now too big to fit comfortably in the back, which is why I prefer the Track/Kick for the whole family. I put a set of OME shocks, struts and coils under the Track/Kick, which allowed for 30x9.5x15 MT's and greatly enhanced the ride. While by no means a luxury vehicle, the Track/Kicks are much more "comfortable" than the relatively spartan Samurai, in my opinion. When we still had our dog, he liked to ride in the back of the Track/Kick, and we still had room for camping gear/fire wood etc. up top and between the kids when they were smaller.

For 3K, depending on your location and the local market, you should be able to find either in decent shape that should meet your needs. Ultimately, I love both, but the Track/Kick for me is a bit better of a daily driver, and the Samurai is the better wheeler, although the Kicker is quite capable on its own right, especially with a 4.24 T-case gearing upgrade. I hope some of that info helps, if not, disregard!  ;D
1996 Geo Tracker
1987 Suzuki Samurai soft top
1987 Suzuki Samurai Tin Top
1972 Suzuki LJ20V