Hello Guest

RESCHEDULED? ZUKIWORLD ZUKFARI - Whipsaw Weekend 2018

• 58 Replies

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
RESCHEDULED? ZUKIWORLD ZUKFARI - Whipsaw Weekend 2018
« on: February 05, 2017, 01:17:35 PM »
Had an email exchange with the BC wild fire service earlier in the week.

http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprScripts/WildfireNews/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=2834

It doesn't look promising for the ban to be lifted in time for us to enjoy the trail. So with a heavy heart, I'm cancelling our adventure. Hopefully there is enough time for people to make alternative plans and still enjoy the last bits of summer. This trip will be on our list for 2018 but will be much earlier in the year!

Thanks, Eric

Whipsaw Weekend September 1st - 5th, 2017
Princeton, British Columbia

Ride the Whipsaw trail outside of Princeton British Columbia, Canada, The first Canadian trail recognized as one of BFGoodrich's Outstanding Trails. Follow a historic Hudson's Bay Company trade route. Connect with the group at any part and do as little or as much as you would like!

ITINERARY (Proposed):

August 31st, 2017 - Thursday
Leave Oregon, North on HWY 97, Stay in Leavenworth, WA
  • Midday leave from Bend, OR area (Caravan welcome, PM me if interested)
  • Stay at the FairBridge Inn & Suites Leavenworth (Not Booked yet, Tentative)
September 1st, 2017 - Friday
Leave Leavenworth, WA, North HWY 97/ West on BC-3, Stay in Princeton, BC
  • Border Crossing Midday, Sightseeing on-road towards town
  • Hike, Explore Princeton Town Area
  • Stay at Riverside Cabins  (Not Booked yet, Tentative)
September 2nd, 2017 - Saturday
Leave Princeton, BC, Begin Whipsaw Trail Loop, Camp near Well's lake on Trail
  • Unload, Pack 4x4, Meet at 8AM Between the A&W and Chevron on BC-3 (235 BC-3, Princeton, BC V0X 1W0, Canada)
  • Leave at 9AM, Hit the trail!
  • "Do" the loop shown in the attached map screen capture
  • Camp at or around Well's Lake, If early enough, an optional drive around exploring, or fishing, or???
September 3rd, 2017 - Sunday
Leave Well's Lake Camp, continue Whipsaw Trail, Stay in Princeton, BC
  • Break Camp, Continue Trail
  • Late Afternoon, Arrive back in Princeton, Load up, Explore area, Stay at Riverside Cabins  (Not Booked yet, Tentative)
September 4th, 2017 - Monday
Leave Princeton BC, East on BC-3 / South on HWY97, Stay Moses Lake, WA
  • Morning leave of Princeton, Enjoy Washington, Head towards Moses Lake
  • Explore, Moses Lake Mud Flats and Sand Dunes rec area
  • Stay at Comfort Suites (Not Booked yet, Tentative)

September 5th, 2017 - Tuesday
Leave Moses Lake, SW HWY 97, End in Oregon
  • Morning Leave, Moses Lake
  • Explore HWY attractions, End in Bend, Oregon Late Afternoon

About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 01:47:35 PM by ebewley »
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
Re: ZUKIWORLD ZUKFARI - Whipsaw Weekend 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 11:40:40 AM »
Starting to plan it out now... I'm hoping for some local help but it does look pretty defined and straight forward. Super excited for this one!

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 12:00:55 PM »
The Mascot Mine looks to be close... Looks like it was closed for 2016 to make it safer... pfft what ever that means. :)

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline beagle..t

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 02:57:40 PM »
well Eric I live in Chilliwack and you have to drive through it too get there so  we all can either meet just off Hwy 1 in Chilliwack or we can set a point somewhere so we all can convoy up. if you want to pm me I will try to help the best I can and will post on fb BC Suzuki club
new rig aka "the mule" 2002 tracker
V6 swap auto  ,2 dr ,2" BL,2" jeffs kit 512 gears warn hubs and 30/9.5/15 BFG AT

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 03:32:40 PM »
well Eric I live in Chilliwack and you have to drive through it too get there so  we all can either meet just off Hwy 1 in Chilliwack or we can set a point somewhere so we all can convoy up. if you want to pm me I will try to help the best I can and will post on fb BC Suzuki club

Sounds great! Thanks so much for your help... I noticed on fb there were a lot of people signed up as going. Are those people mostly from the BC Suzuki club? If so, cool! :)

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline beagle..t

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 03:44:25 PM »
ya all from there, I'm hoping for a good turn out from bc Suzuki club 10 interested and 5 going  but early still so that will change. when it gets closer we will have to make a convoy point
V6 swap auto  ,2 dr ,2" BL,2" jeffs kit 512 gears warn hubs and 30/9.5/15 BFG AT

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 06:18:47 AM »
That is great.  It'll be cool to meet your club.

Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline beagle..t

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 05:46:00 PM »
not my club :D I just stumbled across is on FB I'm zukiworld all the way....lol

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 09:41:30 AM »
That's cool...

:)

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 10:32:35 AM »
Doing some mapping of the area for 'making 'da plan' and noticed that Kalowna and Alter Ego Motorsports is about an hour away. Thinking it'd be cool to go see their shop and meet the team face to face. Anyone interested in something like that? (haven't reached out to them yet, just gauging interest)

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline beagle..t

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 01:32:39 PM »
there customer support $#$%# sucks just a heads up on that, but worth a try . BC Suzuki club tried to get a discount on parts because they are  local to us and they just basically said aint going to happen

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2017, 10:39:55 AM »
there customer support $#$%# sucks just a heads up on that, but worth a try . BC Suzuki club tried to get a discount on parts because they are  local to us and they just basically said aint going to happen

Maybe this would be a good time just to say Hi and meet? I'm just putting out ideas for aux things to do. I'd like to go see that mining community that is fairly close too. If its open this year, that is...

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline beagle..t

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2017, 07:05:15 PM »
ya it isn't that far to Kelowna from there. are you talking about Hedley? there is also Apex mountain that is close

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2017, 01:35:56 PM »
ya it isn't that far to Kelowna from there. are you talking about Hedley? there is also Apex mountain that is close

I found the "mascott mine" there's a picture of it higher up in this thread... It looks pretty cool!

-ERic
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline beagle..t

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2017, 07:16:30 PM »
ya the mascott mine would be cool drove by lots and never stopped. its in Hedley , its an old mining town