Hello Guest

RESCHEDULED? ZUKIWORLD ZUKFARI - Whipsaw Weekend 2018

• 58 Replies

Re: ZUKIWORLD ZUKFARI - Whipsaw Weekend 2017
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2017, 10:56:13 AM »
Eric,

I thought about making a trip to that area, when I had the rig in Seattle.  It would also be nice to pick up a bumper with no shipping.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 11:17:39 AM by Ridjobradi »

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2017, 11:50:19 AM »
Yep
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline GermanInBC

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2017, 11:55:51 PM »
Doing some mapping of the area for 'making 'da plan' and noticed that Kalowna and Alter Ego Motorsports is about an hour away. Thinking it'd be cool to go see their shop and meet the team face to face. Anyone interested in something like that? (haven't reached out to them yet, just gauging interest)

-Eric

local guy here .. Princeton to Kelowna and Alter Ego shop is minimum 2 hours one way.

Headly is close , Mascot mine is only accessible via a booked bus tour as far as i understand, the website isn't updated since the 2016 closure  .. there is a lot of other mines to explore around Headly though...

one valley over from the whipsaw there is a bad fire burning right now .. watching concerned ..

Offline beagle..t

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2017, 06:57:20 PM »
I have pmd ebewley about our situation up here in BC and haven't heard back from him so he is aware  of the forest fires up here, but thank you GermanInBC  good to know that there is a local up there that would know more places to go than me a mainlander... are you coming on this run if still happening ?  there is a few guys wanting to go from BC suzuki club on facebook. I sure hope that the forest fire doesn't take out that run for us
new rig aka "the mule" 2002 tracker
V6 swap auto  ,2 dr ,2" BL,2" jeffs kit 512 gears warn hubs and 30/9.5/15 BFG AT

Offline GermanInBC

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2017, 10:57:09 PM »
I have pmd ebewley about our situation up here in BC and haven't heard back from him so he is aware  of the forest fires up here, but thank you GermanInBC  good to know that there is a local up there that would know more places to go than me a mainlander... are you coming on this run if still happening ?  there is a few guys wanting to go from BC suzuki club on facebook. I sure hope that the forest fire doesn't take out that run for us

cant commit yet but i will try .. coming from Penticton .. doing the Whipsaw at least once a year with a private group.. familiar with most of Apex and some mine sites around Headly

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2017, 06:12:55 PM »
Hi All - just got back online... Definitely concerned about the fire reports. Will continue to plan and create a route and publicize that here and on our FB page. Really interested in a local perspective GermaninBC, maybe we could talk on the phone sometime?

Thanks, Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline GermanInBC

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2017, 10:56:01 PM »
pm'ed you

Hi All - just got back online... Definitely concerned about the fire reports. Will continue to plan and create a route and publicize that here and on our FB page. Really interested in a local perspective GermaninBC, maybe we could talk on the phone sometime?

Thanks, Eric

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2017, 02:37:45 PM »
Just got some great information from Steve over at lj10.com. he was there about a week ago and share good tips on where to park, go, what to see etc...

Thanks Steve.

Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline beagle..t

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2017, 06:40:25 PM »
well I'm back online so can help in anyway. I don't think the wild fires went that way
new rig aka "the mule" 2002 tracker
V6 swap auto  ,2 dr ,2" BL,2" jeffs kit 512 gears warn hubs and 30/9.5/15 BFG AT

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2017, 11:06:42 AM »
That's great.. I'm working on a 'plan' to share today... then we can do a back an forth to tune it to our needs. DO you know approximately how many people from you team would be attending?

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2017, 02:26:27 PM »
Added the itinerary on the first post... Some more specifics to come but that is the basics... PM me or post here if you have questions, comments, concerns. If you are interested or Likely to go, please post up as I'd like to get a head count within a week to see how many decals to get made, and some other 'planning type stuff' :)

Thanks, Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2017, 02:30:08 PM »
Want to jam some of this stuff in to... we need more vacation time. From the Princeton City Website:

Ghost Towns

There are six ghost towns in the Princeton area, three of which can still be visited.

Granite Creek

In 1885, John Chance (what a name for a prospector!) discovered gold nuggets in Granite Creek. This led to the 1885 gold rush and the community of Granite Creek was born. Granite Creek was destroyed by fire in 1907; several log buildings from when Granite Creek was rebuilt are still left. A campsite is located across the river from where the town centre used to be.

Blakeburn

Near Granite Creek is Blakeburn. This community began as the site of an underground coal mine in 1912. A mine explosion in 1930 killed 45 men and by 1940 the mine was closed. Blakeburn contains the largest collection of buildings and structures on Lodestone Mountain and they await the curious history buff.

Allenby

Constructed in 1916, Allenby was the site of the 2,000 ton concentrator and mill plant used to process ore from Copper Mountain. Many concrete foundations remain in Allenby today, along with ruins of what once was a busy company town that had 68 homes and all the comforts required by a community.

To find out more about these ghost towns, visit the Princeton and District Museum and Archives or take the DVD self-guided Ghost Town tour.

Fossils and Natural History

The Pollard Wing of the Princeton and District Museum and Archives houses one of the most extensive mineral and fossil collections in British Columbia, and contains a separate research section. Joe Pollard's extensive collection comes from the Princeton area, North America, and around the world. 

The Pollard Wing also houses a special butterfly collection containing the moths and butterflies collected at the river level on the Similkameen one summer. It is a perfect place to trace the geological and botanical history of the region. School groups are welcome.

The most popular part of the Pollard collection is the fluorescent minerals. When the short and long ray black light is shone upon them, minerals such as calcite, fluorite, quartz and willemite glow and sparkle in wonderful shades of orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and white.
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2017, 03:30:22 PM »
Thinking about hitting up one of these ghost mining towns... Found some stuff on Blakeburn from a BC website:

https://www.michaelkluckner.com/bciw2coalmont.html

Thoughts?

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2017, 03:31:55 PM »
Resource: http://princeton.ca/home

Ooooo looky this!

Princeton Motor Sports Weekend while we're there... Something to look at?
http://princeton.ca/events/events/post/277

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2017, 09:45:33 PM »
Added the itinerary on the first post... Some more specifics to come but that is the basics... PM me or post here if you have questions, comments, concerns. If you are interested or Likely to go, please post up as I'd like to get a head count within a week to see how many decals to get made, and some other 'planning type stuff' :)

Thanks, Eric
I am planning on going on this run.
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.