Hello Guest

97 Sidekick Sport - parting

• 5 Replies

97 Sidekick Sport - parting
« on: June 16, 2017, 09:36:36 AM »
I have a white 97 Sidekick Sport that I am parting out.  I am keeping the lift components, snorkel, wheels / tires, and the factory roof rack, and the Hurricane header.  Everything else is available, cheap.  Just make an offer that is worth the time to pull the parts.  I can ship parts on your dime.  I will keep the Sidekick for a while to get as many parts to people as there is interest in.  After that, I will cut it up and scrap it.  If you are interested, you can take the whole rig for cheap.  I travel during the week and fly home on the weekends, so please be patient.

It was hit on the front driver's side, so the front corner and the hood are trashed.  The diver's side rear door and fender were also damaged, all other doors are good.  The passenger side front fender has a hole for the snorkel  The windshield is cracked, but all the other glass is good (tinted).  The interior is in good condition, minus the air bag covers.

If you want to tube the front and do a SAS conversion, this is would be a great candidate.

All the brake components are new, but the rotors are starting to rust from sitting for 6 months.  This one has ABS, so those components are available also.

The 5 speed is good with a relatively new clutch assembly but has a whine in 5th.

The rear axle was rebuilt from end to end about 2 years ago.  All the seals and bearings were replaced.

The grey interior is in good shape.  The seats are old, but are in decent shape,  each front seat has a small mark on the lower part.  The rear seat is in very good condition. 

Offline fuzzy1

• It's not about hair, it's about the logic
Re: 97 Sidekick Sport - parting
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 08:43:27 AM »
sending PM
'97 Sidekick Sport 1" spacer lift 225/75R16 Cooper AT's. Pioneer Sound, 14" Grant Steering Wheel.Otherwise mostly stock
'96 Tracker 1.6l 16v 3spd Auto 4x4 85k - 1 1/2" OME Lift BFG 235/75 AT's on Ion Alloy 15x7's - Pioneer Sound - Custom Installed Hydraulic Drivers Seat (Sold)

Non Illegitimi Conterat

Offline Blurple90

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 10:36:33 AM »
Where are you located?

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 10:21:08 PM »
The rig is in Galveston, TX.  What parts are you interested in.  I may be heading that way in two weeks.

Richard

Offline Blurple90

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 06:53:21 AM »
I just saw this, I had my notifications going to the wrong email.

I'm interested in the driver side axle, all of the interior, and possibly the engine and trans combo.  Basically the whole thing, but Galveston is a long drive from NC.

A couple questions... Does it have 2-wire or 3-wire coils?  I think all 97s had 2-wire?  How many miles and have the timing chains been done?

Thanks,
Alex

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 10:30:41 PM »
It has two wire coils, some new and some old.
Driver side axle was destroyed in crash. She hit me on the front driver side, just in front of the door.

Timing chains were done a while back, but could be done again. I have the entire timing chain kit also. 268k miles. Oil changed regularly, but it's a lot of miles.