Hello Guest

body roll

• 10 Replies

Offline beagle..t

body roll
« on: June 23, 2017, 09:20:29 PM »
ok so  question while driving down the road my tracker is all over the road not steering like a swaying back and forth so I was wondering if maybe the struts or/ and the rear shocks and done ....I have 2" coil spacer and 2" body everything seems tight opinions plse
new rig aka "the mule" 2002 tracker
V6 swap auto  ,2 dr ,2" BL,2" jeffs kit 512 gears warn hubs and 30/9.5/15 BFG AT

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
Re: body roll
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 02:55:50 PM »
Body lifts can give that sensation... I would double check those body mounts to make sure they are tight. How old are your shocks/struts? Maybe they are shot too... Tire pressure too  low?

Good luck, Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline beagle..t

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 12:06:00 PM »
I'm believe the front struts are original and from when I had the 2.0 L in. I'm going to pull the front struts off and see if the upper strut mount is torn I'm only running 26 psi in tires all around. it does have heavy GV V-6  front springs , rear shocks only 2yrs old , but going to wait till its cooler just way to hot for my liking as I work in the sun daily 
V6 swap auto  ,2 dr ,2" BL,2" jeffs kit 512 gears warn hubs and 30/9.5/15 BFG AT

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 11:20:52 PM »
I have worn out two sets of struts, so your problems sound familiar.  Pull a front  wheel off, and with a arm lifted so it is supporting body, grab Strut body and see if it moves.  Check each side.  Mine have been somewhat flexible twice. 
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline beagle..t

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 09:30:56 PM »
well since this posted about this  I've replaced the sway bar end links, rear shocks it helped with the body roll but was still there alittle. So today I took off front struts and they fully compressed, so that would explain a lot so new kyb struts are on order hopefully this solves the problem

Offline TioPick

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 12:23:18 PM »
Just curious because I am scrapping up money for a lift... did you extend the steering linkage?  or is that not as much of a problem as those selling them claim?  Thanks Tio Pick

Online fordem

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 12:52:34 PM »
So today I took off front struts and they fully compressed, so that would explain a lot so new kyb struts are on order hopefully this solves the problem

More out of curiosity than anything else - why would the fronts struts "fully compressed" explain anything?  Even brand new struts can be "fully compressed" - it's even a recommended part of the installation process.
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny

Offline beagle..t

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 07:36:03 PM »
Just curious because I am scrapping up money for a lift... did you extend the steering linkage?  or is that not as much of a problem as those selling them claim?  Thanks Tio Pick
yes I extended the steering rack 2" as that's the size of body lift I have

Offline beagle..t

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 07:45:36 PM »
So today I took off front struts and they fully compressed, so that would explain a lot so new kyb struts are on order hopefully this solves the problem

More out of curiosity than anything else - why would the fronts struts "fully compressed" explain anything?  Even brand new struts can be "fully compressed" - it's even a recommended part of the installation process.
Sorry fordem I should have explained a bit better.... when I removed my front struts  they were extended, placed them on the ground upright and they fully compressed. so I extended them again, and they fell flat (fully compressed) without any weight on them. seeing that tells me that the original struts were done. with the new KYB I can push them to be fully compressed and they come back up where the old ones stayed fully compressed. the old ones didn't have any return

Online fordem

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 06:23:03 AM »
The struts "falling flat" with no weight would definitely indicate that they had failed, but not having a return is not necessarily an issue - only "gas" struts will have a return.
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny

Offline beagle..t

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2017, 03:31:59 PM »
they were the original hydraulic struts and yes they fell flat.... while driving the tracker was just driving on the springs no struts or rear shocks as they were failing , which gave me horrible body roll, where I could only do 50 mph on hwy cause it was so bad. but now she is fixed no more body roll and more power. she drives like she should just glad I got it figured out